Driver change destination not working again

lespaul

They fixed it after the last round of discussion but it has flipped back to only rider change possible.

There's many reasons a driver needs to update destination where the pax has little clue or even inclination to show the full trip. I find it annoying that Uber can't trust their partners to manage destination (which is like a contractual agreement between two parties)

Southuber

Interestingly, a pax wanted to change his destination last weekend, but we couldn't find how to do it. Seems to of disappeared since multiple destinations come in. He was on Android. Anyone know how to change it on rider app?

Mulder99

The rider app still change dest..
On app where current dest is displayed, there is a change tab,
Tap tab, change dest and hit update

I did this for a clueless pax last night...

sliderz

Ive noticed some other app issues:

Once arrived at pickup, Ive been seeing the popup alert of "error entering destination" and also, sometimes the destination shown after START TRIP only shows the suburb, yet the maps and Uber actually are guiding you to the address. Usually when you only see a suburb, it means the pax only typed the suburb in or its the train station. Anyone else seen this?
Untitled.jpg

Mulder99

Ive noticed some other app issues:

Once arrived at pickup, Ive been seeing the popup alert of "error entering destination" and also, sometimes the destination shown after START TRIP only shows the suburb, yet the maps and Uber actually are guiding you to the address. Usually when you only see a suburb, it means the pax only typed the suburb in or its the train station. Anyone else seen this?
View attachment 154683

I'ved logged a call about this 3 weeks ago to Uber and only tesponse is aware of the issue and technical teams looking at it

TONY-T

You can still change the destination as a driver, you just have to do it directly through google maps rather than through the driver app.

UberSyd

Yes its @@@!n annoying. We can drive anywhere and end ride there so what the hell is the diff. We should always be able to change it ourselves. They will have records of if we changed it anyway if needed.

You can still change the destination as a driver, you just have to do it directly through google maps rather than through the driver app.
Thats true and what i do now...but should still be allowed in the partner app

RateMe5

Can you do it through waze too?
Of course. Stand alone Google and Waze are standalone apps.

All uber app does is it passes on the address to Google or Waze depending on your app settings.

But for me I use tom tom on my mobile. 29 dollars a year ( lot better routing than Waze) and avoids me lot of speed , redlight and mobile speed cameras....

ZacHudson777

Does uber app intergrate with Tom Tom? If not be a hassle going in and out. Besides waze does those features too.

lespaul

Does the invoice / contract update to the new destination when changing in google maps?

ZacHudson777

No.

But it doesn't really matter, as the pax is getting charged by the km and by the minute.
That's correct, but it doesn't reset the gps, so you have to depend on pax instruction if they know it at all or have a second gps which is a hassle. Uber should fix as a priority. This was never an issue before and it's a constant need we find.

lespaul

That's correct, but it doesn't reset the gps, so you have to depend on pax instruction if they know it at all or have a second gps which is a hassle. Uber should fix as a priority. This was never an issue before and it's a constant need we find.
exactly - others can brush it off but i have a big problem with it. Also I have no leg to stand on if rider wants to scam half the fare by saying i didn't complete the ride on time. Uber clearly doesn't give a rats and are happy to take that control away from drivers.

sliderz

are you surprised????we are now like a blind mouses,no pick up address.
I make a habit of logging a ticket every few weeks to ask about the pickup address missing prior to accepting. You can relax knowing that I have been guaranteed they will forward it to their product team... :rolleyes: who will laugh and maybe fondle it inappropriately.
Do they seriously still call us partners? What else do they wanna take away from us?
I'm waiting for acceptance screen v2.0 where we just get a message saying f**k you, Tap To Accept!

soontobeautomated

I say half these issues would disappear if once a month it was manditory for corporate staff to drive one 10 hour shift a month - and achieve GOOD results. Unfortunately, they are prohibited from doing so. I wonder what they have to worry about?