If drivers like you were represented then what should our Union demand from Uber? I'd like to see:
- Increased pay. Uber cut decreased from 25% to 20% and drivers get a percentage of the booking fee.
- Tipping feature on rider-App
- Limit number of drivers (or rider-to-driver ratio) in a city so that per driver pay is not continually depressed by an oversupply of drivers.
- Additional rider fee for stopping to get food, cigarettes, or any other reason that drivers are asked to wait for more than one minute in the middle of a trip.
- Prioritize fixing the bugs that consistently "lose" driver compensation for tolls, surcharges, etc.
- Provide an easy, consistent procedure for driver opt-out of uberPOOL and other services.
- Reclassify drivers as employees, not independent contractors, qualifying for medical (also dental & vision) insurance. pension plans and other traditional employee benefits.
- Improve existing benefits including make insurance coverage in phase 1 same as phase 2 and 3. Decrease deductible from $1000 to $500 or $250.
- Full-time benefits for driver-employees averaging over 30-hours per week.
- Release details of driver/rider matching algorithm (how we get pings).
- Retraining rather than deactivation during implementation of autonomous cars.
- Driver representation on Uber's board of directors to increase transparency.
- Driver participation in future IPO based on time in service and/or total gross income to date.