1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Driver Authority Card & The Police

Discussion in 'Sydney' started by CoolAnt, Feb 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. CoolAnt

CoolAnt

If we get pulled over can the police ask to see our DAC? I never received a physical copy of it, only on email. Is an electronic version adequate or are we required to keep a hardcopy in the car?

2. electronic is adequate.
    i've never been asked from around a dozen times.

Sydney Uber, Mr Fetch It and CoolAnt like this.
  3. Uber King

Uber King

Driving:
    UberX
    normally if there is RBT or random police pull you over, if they ask for my licence i actually show them my Driver Authority laminated card some police don't have a problem with that because it is an official government document. some police i have shown to them they kept asking for my drivers licence which i kept telling them i normally show them my DAC and i haven't had any issues but the police officers most of them don't know about it.

4. fields

fields

Driving:
    UberX
    I dont understand why you would do that, the driver authority hasn't got your picture on it and is not a license to drive by itself. You are simply wasting their time and I guess your own as well.

Go go mobile123 and CoolAnt like this.
  5. Uber King

Uber King

Driving:
    UberX
    umm no. my Driver Authority Card has a photo of me. iv got the laminated licence since last year.

CoolAnt likes this.
  6. CoolAnt

CoolAnt

But can you be fined for not being able to produce a driver's authority card when asked for it?

7. Nuber1982

Nuber1982

No hardcopy is necessary. You can show them the letter and its content on your smartphone. But I printed and laminated a copy of the letter and keeps it in my glovebox just in case something goes wrong when trying to show it to the cops electronically. Always have a backup plan can't go wrong!

8. Mr Fetch It

Mr Fetch It

Yes, and no. Check the RMS, but on the DA email, an electronic form on a smartphone is adequate. Most cops don't give a **** though. I carry a paper printout in my logbook. But also have the form ready on my phone. If you actually don't have one (shouldn't be possible anymore) its a $4000 fine... Ouch.

CoolAnt likes this.
  9. Pippo

Pippo

Driving:
    UberX
    I think the only people that will ask for it would be RMS inspectors

Mr Fetch It and CoolAnt like this.
  10. fields

fields

Driving:
    UberX
    Really? Why don't I have a picture on mine?

CoolAnt likes this.
  11. CoolAnt

CoolAnt

I spoke to the RMS and they said yes you must have the DAC with you at all times.

12. WollyDriver

WollyDriver

Yes, but it can be with you in electronic format...
    Possibly it is different rules for the photo id version and the printed/electronic letter version.
    Either way, my understanding is that it is only valid when combined with your actual valid drivers license, plus business car insurance and business rego....

CoolAnt likes this.
  13. He may be a hire car driver.
    No image on mine either, it's more like a letter.

CoolAnt likes this.
  14. Uber King

Uber King

Driving:
    UberX
    because back then the new DAC system wasn't in place when i had applied for uber. so i was given with the photo card. but now they have changed the way with the DAC. i'm just lucky!

KiwiXman and CoolAnt like this.
  15. angeline

angeline

Driving:
    UberXL
    Probably because you may only have a new PHV authority

16. The Fan

The Fan

I just pulled over by the RMS in front of STAR yesterday. I was late to find the paper. They just scanned my license and let me go. Easy.

Mr Fetch It and CoolAnt like this.
  17. kash88

kash88

Where were you pulled up from? could you stop there?

CoolAnt likes this.
  18. WollyDriver

WollyDriver

Why did they pull you over? What was the reason? How long were you stuck there? Can you add anything further to what happened?

CoolAnt likes this.
  19. The Fan

The Fan

I just parked my car in front of bus stop... night time ...lol

CoolAnt likes this.
  20. The Fan

The Fan

I was relaxing, parked my car next to bus stop around 9 pm... someone from rms parked his vehicle behind me... i thought they would issue parking fine.. good luck to me... i was late finding the DAC copy. They just scanned the license and let me go. Easy.