Driver Authority Approval ETA

HBG

Hi, any idea of the approval process on a Driver Approval ETA?

I started last week, started driving on the weekend in Newcastle. During the week I purchased a New Mobile phone (for use with Uber) worth $400, as well as booked accommodation closer to the city. I left work early on Friday afternoon, and was hoping for a good night to help pay for this.
I did find some info here saying that it may take less than a week. Worse thing is I have just separated from my wife, and was hoping to use some of the money to pay for a permanent place to live/exist.
Also, will there be a section for Newcastle or other areas of NSW, or we just use this section now.

Instyle

Since you'll also be required to register an ABN and GST registration, you'll be able to claim the GST portion of Business related expenses. Your first quarter will likely land you a refund.

Sydney section is fine for all NSW related content at this stage, if the demand is there for another section we'll look into that in the future.

HBG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Since you'll also be required to register an ABN and GST registration, you'll be able to claim the GST portion of Business related expenses. Your first quarter will likely land you a refund.
Thanks for that. That was something I was looking into that this week. I just need time away from my main (low paid) job to do that. I was going to setup a separate bank account today. My aim this weekend was to earn enough for business registration, CTP, service etc. Normally I have changed my own oil in the past. I wish I knew a few days earlier, otherwise I would have kept using my Galaxy S4 with the cracked screen.

Avenig

That is a good question. I applied for it via Uber a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything about it since.

dummyjai

DummyJai rather than wait 4 weeks why don't you just pay $45 and apply yourself?
That is what I am planning to do.

I just need to drive for another week and I am done with Uber as I am just saving up for a holiday trip.

If it only takes one day then so be it.

I just wonder if it only costs $45 though.

I remember you will also need to pay $44.90 for the criminal check aswell?

so that is about 100 bucks in total?

dms

It seems to be faster than the 4-6 weeks. I applied for the DAC on 12 days ago then I went to their Concord office 7 days ago to show them the original documents. Then 5 days ago I got an SMS saying the Police Check is fine, and would have to wait for the RMS approval. Today I got an email from RMS saying it's approved and a PDF of the letter. It look as if they don't send out the card now.

You will not be issued with a separate Driver Authority Card. You must retain this letter.
Accordingly, you must have this letter with you at all times when driving a private hire vehicle, and
must produce it (along with your driver licence) to any authorised officer or police officer when
required to do so. You may choose to either print this letter on paper, or display it on a smartphone
or tablet as an image, in conjunction with your driver licence.