• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Driver assaulted @ SMF

BlueNOX

Channel 13 news was doing a story out there today.

That’s not an attack. A little scrape and some glass.

This is an attack:

Don’t be so dramatic with the small stuff.

Uber_Yota_916

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wings2000

That’s not an attack. A little scrape and some glass.

This is an attack:

Don’t be so dramatic with the small stuff.
I think Uber_Yota was just trying to let local Sacramento drivers know about it and use it as a reminder for everyone to be aware of your surroundings and to do what you can to keep yourself safe.

He was merely being thoughtful, not "dramatic." He simply stated the facts of what he saw while at the airport (the news van doing the story) and that an incident had occurred and gave the link to the news story.

There is no "competition" as to which market is more dangerous. I am saddened that young woman lost her life and the impact that has had on her family and loved ones. The person who did it needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and held accountable for their despicable and depraved actions.

I also noticed certain information was missing from the article you linked. It did not say if the suspect was a Lyft passenger, if it happened during a Lyft ride (or if so, that the suspect had initiated the ride request). It is unclear from that article if they were simply using the fact that she was a driver to sensationalize the article (messed up) and the murder had nothing to do with her being a Rideshare driver and did not take place in her vehicle or while she was working. Or if the suspect had a prior acquaintance or relationship with her, possible motive, or if already knowing her he attacked her while she was working.

Any way it happened, it was a horrible and devastating crime that stole her life, future, and growing future family. I was just pointing out the missing information.

Condolences to her family, friends, loved ones, and community.

BlueNOX

I think Uber_Yota was just trying to let local Sacramento drivers know about it and use it as a reminder for everyone to be aware of your surroundings and to do what you can to keep yourself safe.

He was merely being thoughtful, not "dramatic." He simply stated the facts of what he saw while at the airport (the news van doing the story) and that an incident had occurred and gave the link to the news story.

There is no "competition" as to which market is more dangerous. I am saddened that young woman lost her life and the impact that has had on her family and loved ones. The person who did it needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and held accountable for their despicable and depraved actions.

I also noticed certain information was missing from the article you linked. It did not say if the suspect was a Lyft passenger, if it happened during a Lyft ride (or if so, that the suspect had initiated the ride request). It is unclear from that article if they were simply using the fact that she was a driver to sensationalize the article (messed up) and the murder had nothing to do with her being a Rideshare driver and did not take place in her vehicle or while she was working. Or if the suspect had a prior acquaintance or relationship with her, possible motive, or if already knowing her he attacked her while she was working.

Any way it happened, it was a horrible and devastating crime that stole her life, future, and growing future family. I was just pointing out the missing information.

Condolences to her family, friends, loved ones, and community.
That’s a follow up article.

Lyft Driver, Lyft Pax. Short minimum fare trip. He stabbed her for no reason upon arriving at his apartment complex. She managed to get out of the vehicle, he chased her down and finished stabbing her, then he stole her vehicle.