• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Driver Appreciation Reward

Scott.Sul

Probably Canadian ... drivers in the US got $500 ... which converts roughly to $680 Canadian
Post automatically merged:

This is one time when it pays much better to drive X, beat up your car and rack up some miles. Friends who only drove X who started about the same time as me all got $1,000, but since I only drove Select for the first 3 years I had a lot fewer trips and only got $100.
Or maybe it has something to do with average weekly hours online or total trip count? And even might take into account a driver's rating.

D Raj

At the outset, I would like to say that I have received USD 500 as an appreciation bonus, but it's blood money so to speak.Read below why:

A majority of Uber drivers do not understand that this bonus amount is coming from the pockets of Uber drivers themselves. Uber decision-making executives came up with a very cunning strategy to steal the hard-earned money of Uber drivers and then disburse it as appreciation bonus. Read below to understand this modus-operandi completely.

Just recently before the IPO, Uber came out with a new rule that Uber will deduct 40% of the ride amount, if the drivers set their destinations.

I was one of the unlucky Uber driver who set his destination around 20 days back and Uber robbed me of around USD 25 for just one destination ride. When I fought with them and told them that one of their rides took me 70 miles away from my home and I had to set my destination to get back home because my next ride could have taken me 50-100 miles further away, they emailed me and told me that they will give the 40% that they robbed me off to other drivers who did not set their destinations.So, you guys can understand where this appreciation bonus is coming from.

If they robbed me of USD 25 on just one ride, just imagine how many drivers must be setting their destinations everyday and how much money Uber must have robbed them of?

In hindsight, I now believe this was a modus-operandi used by Uber to collect money for the appreciation bonus by robbing poor Uber drivers of their hard-earned money.

An Uber driver breaks his ass for 10-12 hours a day. When a rider takes the driver 50 or 100 miles away from his home, the driver has no other option, but is forced to set the destination for back home. It's a compulsion, unless the driver is willing to either ride back 50-100 miles empty handed or is willing to sleep on the road.

Some cunning Uber executives cashed in on this handicap of Uber drivers and came out with this unique modus-operandi to rob the Uber drivers of their hard-earned money and, at the same time, use this robbed money as the appreciation bonus.
Everybody is discussing about the appreciation bonus, no one is discussing how Uber collected it in the first place. Uber is sucking the blood of its drivers day & night. This appreciation bonus will not wash away its sins.

I have been driving for Lyft ever since and I have been making the riders aware of this modus-operandi used by Uber to rob its driver of their hard-earned money.

I request each & every member here to tell your riders and the world how Uber collected this appreciation bonus money by robbing its own drivers.

Mr. Yuck

500 for me. Is there any way to see that message again? Android

500 for me. 5400 trips since July 2017. Maybe I should just do lyft for 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Delilah5

My classmate got damn $13000 CAD
you fulltime I am assuming

Probably Canadian ... drivers in the US got $500 ... which converts roughly to $680 Canadian

This is one time when it pays much better to drive X, beat up your car and rack up some miles. Friends who only drove X who started about the same time as me all got $1,000, but since I only drove Select for the first 3 years I had a lot fewer trips and only got $100.
It still does not pay to put extra 80k miles on car for that extra $1000, but int he end they did work and drive more, so its a little bonus back, probably about $.08 per trip bonus.

Last edited:

Null

I didn't get notice in app or email about my payment. I just got a response from Uber support saying that I am eligible and I will be paid on the 27th $500.

D-River

At the outset, I would like to say that I have received USD 500 as an appreciation bonus, but it's blood money so to speak.Read below why:

A majority of Uber drivers do not understand that this bonus amount is coming from the pockets of Uber drivers themselves. Uber decision-making executives came up with a very cunning strategy to steal the hard-earned money of Uber drivers and then disburse it as appreciation bonus. Read below to understand this modus-operandi completely.

Just recently before the IPO, Uber came out with a new rule that Uber will deduct 40% of the ride amount, if the drivers set their destinations.

I was one of the unlucky Uber driver who set his destination around 20 days back and Uber robbed me of around USD 25 for just one destination ride. When I fought with them and told them that one of their rides took me 70 miles away from my home and I had to set my destination to get back home because my next ride could have taken me 50-100 miles further away, they emailed me and told me that they will give the 40% that they robbed me off to other drivers who did not set their destinations.So, you guys can understand where this appreciation bonus is coming from.

If they robbed me of USD 25 on just one ride, just imagine how many drivers must be setting their destinations everyday and how much money Uber must have robbed them of?

In hindsight, I now believe this was a modus-operandi used by Uber to collect money for the appreciation bonus by robbing poor Uber drivers of their hard-earned money.

An Uber driver breaks his ass for 10-12 hours a day. When a rider takes the driver 50 or 100 miles away from his home, the driver has no other option, but is forced to set the destination for back home. It's a compulsion, unless the driver is willing to either ride back 50-100 miles empty handed or is willing to sleep on the road.

Some cunning Uber executives cashed in on this handicap of Uber drivers and came out with this unique modus-operandi to rob the Uber drivers of their hard-earned money and, at the same time, use this robbed money as the appreciation bonus.
Everybody is discussing about the appreciation bonus, no one is discussing how Uber collected it in the first place. Uber is sucking the blood of its drivers day & night. This appreciation bonus will not wash away its sins.

I have been driving for Lyft ever since and I have been making the riders aware of this modus-operandi used by Uber to rob its driver of their hard-earned money.

I request each & every member here to tell your riders and the world how Uber collected this appreciation bonus money by robbing its own drivers.
Do you have any proof of this?

rbruster

Did anybody else get this notification? Looks like Uber matched Lyfts bonus reward for lifetime trips. It seems the cutoff was April 7th 2019. I hit my 10,000th ride on April 5th qualifying me for $1,000 bonus. Ya anybody gotten the $10,000 reward for 20,000 lifetime trips?
I got the 10g. Five years of driving 6 days a week. When I had about 10k rides I drove an Uber exec and remarked it would be nice if drivers got some IPO shares for every thousand or so rides. He must have passed on the idea.

Attachments

NS_Highlander

What Uber has done reminds me of the below quote. They take and steal our money quietly and give some of it back flamboyantly.

“The welfare state is the oldest con game in the world. First you take people's money away quietly and then you give some of it back to them flamboyantly.” Thomas Sowell

libingbing

What Uber has done reminds me of the below quote. They take and steal our money quietly and give some of it back flamboyantly.

“The welfare state is the oldest con game in the world. First you take people's money away quietly and then you give some of it back to them flamboyantly.” Thomas Sowell
Here comes another rate cut to make up for the rewards. Can't use the excuse of falling gas prices, so I bet they will make up another BS reason. I also noticed lately the number of missing toll reimbursements have gone up of a sudden. Never forget to check for that !

RobTheDriver

Does this mean that they did their taxes and are sharing the wealth? Hahaha!

I've done 8000 rides and didn't get any notification of a reward. Should I just wait and see or should I contact UBER?
I would definitely reach to Uber and ask them about it. I would hate for you to miss out on this.