Driver app sucks on Iphone

Do you guys use CDMA or GSM phones for Uber?

• CDMA ( verizon/sprint )

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • GSM ( AT&T/tmobile,etc )

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Hell yeah !

Guys, for a change I switched to 6s plus. But, its pain in the ass already. My biggest complaints:
1. You will be logged out if you are making a call in the background. Happened to me lot of times already, especially at airports after hours of wait, Boom! Gone! Sucks!

2. when your app is on in the background, and you get request, pickup location wont show up. Only X min away and rating will pop up.

3. Google maps doesnot work smoothly like android

If you guys know any other please let me know. Looks like I have to jump back to android

UberCadi

I have the 6s and have not had any issues as you describe. Make sure notifications for the Uber all is set to the pop up one and not the top banner one.

By the way, who is your carrier? Guessing Verizen CDMA phone? Unless it's a GSM carrier (like AT&T or TMobile), you can't do data and phone simultaneously. That's an unfortunate CDMA feature, I guess you could call it. That would explain the offline when go to a phone call.

Google Maps - should always expect a better experience on the technology owner phone. iOS is fine in my experience when I use Google Maps.

Hell yeah !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like its my carrier's problem then. Mine is Sprint. They just activated the phone. Must be CDMA, although there is place to put simcard. out of 5 signal bar, i see only 1 or 2 when i am at the airport. And like you said uber notification, how do you adjust the pop up setting on the main screen. I checked uber partner setting, all the notification is turned on. And when app is on background, request shows up in the top banner

Thanks

Last edited:

timberstx

Go to settings
then scroll to the bottom
go to Uber Partner
go to Notifications
scroll down to blue phones. You can tap on the one you want
I always had mine at the top banner without issue.

UberCadi

Looks like its my carrier's problem then. Mine is Sprint. They just activated the phone. Must be CDMA, although there is place to put simcard. out of 5 signal bar, i see only 1 or 2 when i am at the airport. And like you said uber notification, how do you adjust the pop up setting on the main screen. I checked uber partner setting, all the notification is turned on. And when app is on background, request shows up in the top banner

Thanks
Aah...yeah Sprint doesn't allow phone and data at same time either. CDMA.

Osiriss

Only iPhones cannot use data and cell at the same time my android I am always talking on the phone and searching the web
I forgot to say on Verizon. I have both an IPhone and Android on Verizon.

Last edited:

UberCadi

Sorry but that would be a totally incorrect statement...

Only iPhones on Verizon (or ANY CDMA phone/service) cannot use data and cell at the same time..
My GSM iPhone on AT&T uses the data and cell at the same time just peachy..
Exactly. Which was stated in a previous post.

Osiriss

Sorry but that would be a totally incorrect statement...

Only iPhones on Verizon (or ANY CDMA phone/service) cannot use data and cell at the same time..
My GSM iPhone on AT&T uses the data and cell at the same time just peachy..
Yes I forgot to clarify on Verizon