1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Drive Uber - Earn Points - Not Tips!

Discussion in 'Raleigh-Durham' started by Laz Yoldlug, Dec 8, 2015.

?
  1. I like Uber's Star Percentage Scoring System (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Stars)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I would like to give PAX the option of adding a 0% 5% 10%, 15%, 20% tip after each ride?

71.4%
  3. I would like to give PAX the option of adding variable percentage amounts 0% - 200%

28.6%
  1. Laz Yoldlug

Laz Yoldlug

This whole Uber 5 star satisfaction scoring point system is exactly like being in elementary school, having a "good day" and getting a smiley face sticker from the teacher. Yippee!!! Look what I got!! You've made my day!
    [​IMG]
    My driving satisfaction would be greatly improved if the passengers had the same option to TIP as they do to share their rating in stars.

Starbucks allows tip jars. Why doesn't Uber?
    [​IMG]

All Uber PAX are paying us with invisible future funds by putting Uber charges on a debit or credit card. It's not like they are being inconvenienced and having to search in their pockets, purses, or wallets for the right amount of currency or change for each ride. No way can we be accused of taking their very last dollar!!

Food for thought:

How difficult would it be for Uber to give each PAX the option giving us 0% 5% 10%, 15% 20% tip for each ride?

We as drivers make life more convenient for the PAX. No city buses. No pay to park, No more expensive taxi fares.

Our "Uber Partners" have stripped all the meat off the bone, and intentionally do everything to keep us hungry, undernourished, starving, and chained the leash. UberX fares are too low. Ridiculously low!
    [​IMG]

Whatever your thoughts on this subject, please share for all to consider.

Or am I the only one who feels this way?
    [​IMG]

2. Of course you aren't the only one that wants tips.

But Travis has made it clear it won't happen. And you'll only frustrate yourself if you focus on it.

I suggest signing up for lyft - I know it made me feel much better to drive a platform that allows in app tipping. Especially when I get the power driver bonus & pay no commission. It's not perfect, but it's better

3. Laz Yoldlug

Laz Yoldlug

My experience with Lyft is that there are no nearby pickups. It seems like any trip I've been assigned is always 15 to 18 minutes from where I am at that time. I accepted. Ultimately the final destinations were 4 or 5 paying miles. Once the Pax was dropped off, I switched to Uber. If I had to rely on Lyft more my next fare, I'd still be there. At 19 or 20 MPG's, I didn't break even.

4. Lyft has really increased their business in the area in the past few months. Yes, pickup times are a bit longer, but it's usually very worth it. I constantly make better money with lyft. And I'm not as frustrated as when I drive uber.

But then again we don't need more lyft drivers

Respect The Beard likes this.
  5. scotch20

scotch20

Perhaps it is something about the riders that Uber attracts in regards to tips. I honestly think that we work for them or something and we aren't relying on individual fares.

I think the same rider would give a taxi driver a tip but when it comes to Uber they don't know the full story. Then again I am just naive.

6. Grayspinner send me an invite for Lyft I tried to sign up but not sure what happened with it.

7. Wallegc

Wallegc

Is there any signup reward/referral bonus for new Lyft driver in Raleigh-Durham? I don't see Raleigh-Durham in the city list with bonus.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  8. Lag Monkey

Lag Monkey

Driving:
    UberX
    More lyft drivers = more lyft riders. I only use uber when I can't find a lyft. Or lyft is too far out