Drive Today, Get Paid Today*

mghtyred

"Drive today, get paid today

We recently introduced Instant Pay, which allows you to access your earnings anytime with an Uber Debit Card from GoBank.

Starting today, there are two ways to take advantage of Instant Pay. You can use your personal Visa, MasterCard, or Discover debit card or you can apply for an Uber Debit Card from GoBank."

Just got this email today. Appears UBER has introduced a predatory "payday" card.

DO NOT sign up for a payday card!

They will hammer you with fees. You will pay a fee every time you use it. You will pay a fee for receiving money, and if you're unfortunate enough to overdraw it, whoh!

Just Another Uber Drive

Sadly there are drivers who do need their money now, not later. We all do this for different reasons, but some do this to put food on the table tonight. It's pure exploitation of those in need. Predatory IS a good term for this.

mghtyred

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, Partners do have the option of setting up Instant Pay on their own debit cards. I do not know if there is any fee associated with that form of instant pay. If there is not, this is the path that more financially strapped Partners should take. Those PAYDAY cards are bad. Plain and simple.

Optimus Uber

We recently introduced Instant Pay, which allows you to access your earnings anytime with an Uber Debit Card from GoBank.

Starting today, there are two ways to take advantage of Instant Pay. You can use your personal Visa, MasterCard, or Discover debit card or you can apply for an Uber Debit Card from GoBank."

Just got this email today. Appears UBER has introduced a predatory "payday" card.

They will hammer you with fees. You will pay a fee every time you use it. You will pay a fee for receiving money, and if you're unfortunate enough to overdraw it, whoh!
Don't sign up for anything uber offers. If they have their hand in it, you will lose.

There's a company called daily pay. They aren't affiliated with uber. Use them.

One word. Santander.

Benalepsy87

I haven't gotten the email but I am interested because I'm trying to pay off some bills asap. However, I did not get the email. Hmm...

XUberMike

It's usually better that a credit card late fee, those banks are the real criminals, $39 for late 1 day.

hangtyte

You can cash out to your debit card through Uber. There is a .50c fee for each cashout though. Just like Lyft lol

hangtyte

I went on the computer to Uber's driver portal. When you click on Instant Pay, there's an option on the bottom to add your debit card :smiles:

Dontmakemepullauonyou

It's actually not that bad. No fees if you transfer from uber pay to go bank debit card, walk into any Walmart or Safeway or 7-11 or any other in network ATM for instant cash.

I kinda like it. I get pissed at uber, I immediately take out all the money and don't work uber for a few days. No need to wait TIL next Wednesday.

Benalepsy87

This actually sounds pretty decent. I like lyft daily pay. I would always go to LA to do Lyft just to be able to cash out. When I'm broke as a joke, sometimes that money is the difference between eating dinner or paying a visit to the 711 for a hot dog.. poor man's dinner. Lol

Benalepsy87

I went on the computer to Uber's driver portal. When you click on Instant Pay, there's an option on the bottom to add your debit card :smiles:
I don't see anything about instant pay at all. Where does it say that on the screen? It's not showing up for me at all and I'm searching everywhere.