Uber Drivers Forum banner

Drive Thru.

5K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  Cocobird 
#1 ·
Quick question. How many drivers are willing to sit thru a drive thru? Personally, I'm not a fan of doing so, especially if the line is practically wrapped around the building. Your thoughts?

#6 ·
Its better to just say NO. But if you do make an exception, be sure you tell them not to open the food while in your car.

When I was a newbie, I took some kids though the drive through and they made a huge mess in my car. Never again for me.
Or just provide cookies like an Uber driver does. I want that Uber driver. I love cookies.

#7 ·
I hate telling drunks no they can't have food.
They might go home fall asleep with stove on and kill everybody !

If you have mints, bottled water, and sandwiches available for your riders like you are supposed to do, then you won't have to even bother. If you don't have it and refuse to take me through the drive thru, I'll give you one stars!
SANDWICHES !!!?
NEXT TIME IM HUNGRY,IM CALLING YOU.
UBER IS CHEAPER THAN FOOD !

#9 ·
I had a passenger last weekend that kept bragging about how great Uber is.

"My driver last week let me go through the drive through. We had such a great time and he loved sitting and waiting for me to get my food."

Fortunately this passenger didn't ask me to go through the drive though. She was just bragging about how great Uber is compared to a Taxi. She didn't tip and I gave her the standard 4 star rating.

I always tell them I have to be somewhere and offer to drop them off at the greasy heart attack place. If the place is closed, I mention waffle house.

#10 ·
I had a passenger last weekend that kept bragging about how great Uber is.

"My driver last week let me go through the drive through. We had such a great time and he loved sitting and waiting for me to get my food."

Fortunately this passenger didn't ask me to go through the drive though. She was just bragging about how great Uber is compared to a Taxi. She didn't tip and I gave her the standard 4 star rating.

I always tell them I have to be somewhere and offer to drop them off at the greasy heart attack place. If the place is closed, I mention waffle house.
Sounds like the kind of girl I want to marry. We could tag team our Uber drivers, She'd be like, can we go to Cane's, and I'd be like "Don't order drinks, he's got water. Then she'd be like "can I have an extra mint", and I'd be like, "Hey, don't you have cookies like that other Uber driver?" Then she'd be like "Greatest Uber ride ever! 5 stars for you!" and then I'd be like "Dude, I have your tip set up on the app! 30 percent for you!" and ah shucks, we could Uber happily ever after. You got her digits?

#33 ·
Cocobird is Coconuts, a troll(rider) or is doing this gig for fun.. not sure not the rest of you but i get paid 12¢ a min to sit still.. (paid for wait time.. please!) unless they offer to pay you for your time, use whatever reason you want. you aren't a limo driver being paid by the hour.. unless it a 2.9 surge and the ride is more than 5 miles. I'M OUT.
ps ain't No "supposed" to have Food for cheap folks.. this ain't your grandmother's Lincoln.. if Uber wanna put the rates back to 2014 #s and start a mandatory surge after 12a then we can talk about me coming out my pocket for people that can't keep 2-3 bucks in their pocket for a tip..

#34 ·
Cocobird is Coconuts, a troll(rider) or is doing this gig for fun.. not sure not the rest of you but i get paid 12¢ a min to sit still.. (paid for wait time.. please!) unless they offer to pay you for your time, use whatever reason you want. you aren't a limo driver being paid by the hour.. unless it a 2.9 surge and the ride is more than 5 miles. I'M OUT.
ps ain't No "supposed" to have Food for cheap folks.. this ain't your grandmother's Lincoln.. if Uber wanna put the rates back to 2014 #s and start a mandatory surge after 12a then we can talk about me coming out my pocket for people that can't keep 2-3 bucks in their pocket for a tip..
You shouldn't look at it as glass half empty, you should look at it as glass half full. Do the math, if you wait an entire hour for 12 cents a minute, you will make over 7 dollars an hour! That's great money driving for Uber. How many drivers do you know who still make that kind of money driving for Uber?

#36 ·
Cocobird is a smarter man than me. I couldn't understand anything this guy said.

#39 ·
I do drive thru's on three conditions:
No eating in my car.
Only if the line is no more than 3 cars long (including mine).
Weekdays only.

Inviting me to order some for me or giving a tip upfront overrides my conditions.;)

But if is a Lyft and the pax actually set up the first stop at the restaurant, all I can do is watch and grind my teeth.:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.