Drive Safer and Smarter - Mystro

Mystro

Past Sponsor
Good afternoon,

What if I told you there was an app that can make rideshare driving safer? Mystro is that app! We have created an app that will automate the entire rideshare experience with Uber, Lyft, and UberEats all at the same time. From accepting a trip, to closing the unused app, to opening your navigation, we make the entire process automated. This allows you to keep your hands on the wheel, and your eyes on the road so you can just drive! Drive safer, drive smarter, get Mystro today at http://www.mystrodriver.com. We look forward to seeing you on the road.

Sincerely,

The Mystro Team

Brian G.

Will having your app making me more money? I kinda like going to the other rideshare app and hitting offline. I have forgotten many times not shutting the other app when accepting a request.

Mystro

Past Sponsor
Seems like a nice app, just way too damn expensive. Doesn't matter that it is "tax deductible", it is still too expensive for part time drivers. Make an add supported version for part time drivers and I'd be on board.
Thank you for the comment. That could be an option we can work on.

Will having your app making me more money? I kinda like going to the other rideshare app and hitting offline. I have forgotten many times not shutting the other app when accepting a request.
We have heard many drivers report an increase in earnings while using Mystro.

Brian G.

Thank you for the comment. That could be an option we can work on.

We have heard many drivers report an increase in earnings while using Mystro.

If it lowers are acceptance rate then yes our earnings will most likely increase. The cost seems to be high. A complete free with ads should be created.

Mystro

Past Sponsor
If it lowers are acceptance rate then yes our earnings will most likely increase. The cost seems to be high. A complete free with ads should be created.
Ads would be counterproductive to the primary goal of Mystro. Making driving safer. The last thing we need are drivers having to close, or scroll through ads to push a button. The money for developers, support personnel, payroll, and other expenses has to come from somewhere. It cost us a lot of our own cash to build. We appreciate your comment.

imderekpoe

I tried it out previously and found some things that were good and some that I didn't like.

The auto shutting down of the other app is great. I've missed an hourly guarantee or two because I forgot to shut off my Lyft app when on an Uber ride and my acceptance rate got too low.

The filters are good, although since I only do Uber X and Lyft I didn't take advantage of many of the options.

I didn't like not seeing the location of the passenger before the ride is accepted. When using Uber manually you've got a few seconds to see where the pax is, which is very helpful when you're approaching an intersection and need to make a quick decision on which way to go. Its not always a problem, but something that I appreciate.

Mainly, I just don't feel that the benefits are worth the cost for a part-time driver - at least not in my market. However, I will try it again to see if any of my opinions have changed.

disp350

I read elsewhere it's $50 a year or $10 a month. Ouch. That's a lot of money for an unproven app, 30 day trial or not. And though I love this forum for not showering us with ads and I understand it ain't cheap to run a free forum, I still don't like to see us being peddled by someone who pays the forum owners a fee and gets a banner on their name.

Cableguynoe

I read elsewhere it's $50 a year or $10 a month. Ouch. That's a lot of money for an unproven app, 30 day trial or not. And though I love this forum for not showering us with ads and I understand it ain't cheap to run a free forum, I still don't like to see us being peddled by someone who pays the forum owners a fee and gets a banner on their name.
There could potentially be an app out there that does really help drivers. Not sure if this is it, since it's not in iOS.
But if it were, I would at least try the free trial.
Can't hurt.

Mystro

Past Sponsor
No iOS???
Not yet.
I tried it out previously and found some things that were good and some that I didn't like.

The auto shutting down of the other app is great. I've missed an hourly guarantee or two because I forgot to shut off my Lyft app when on an Uber ride and my acceptance rate got too low.

The filters are good, although since I only do Uber X and Lyft I didn't take advantage of many of the options.

I didn't like not seeing the location of the passenger before the ride is accepted. When using Uber manually you've got a few seconds to see where the pax is, which is very helpful when you're approaching an intersection and need to make a quick decision on which way to go. Its not always a problem, but something that I appreciate.

Mainly, I just don't feel that the benefits are worth the cost for a part-time driver - at least not in my market. However, I will try it again to see if any of my opinions have changed.
I can appreciate and respect your honest opinion. Thank you for being candid. Even with just UberX you can set filters for time to the passenger location, surge, star rating, all to make your accepted rides more of what you want them to be. The primary purpose of the app is and always has been to make driving safer for all of us. Please, give us another try and report back with your review. We'd love to hear it.

what is the price of the app?
The current price is: $11.95/mo or $99.95/yr.

There could potentially be an app out there that does really help drivers. Not sure if this is it, since it's not in iOS.
But if it were, I would at least try the free trial.
Can't hurt.
We are constantly working on getting iOS going. It's been such an undertaking though.

We appreciate your comment.

Rickshaw

Ride Companion by Thunderstick is available for Android. It's free. Ad-supported but the ad is not distracting. Ads do not pop up during a ride or at the wrong time.

Similar to secret background video recorder apps, Apple will not allow these apps to run on <iOS11. Unless your iPhone or iPad is rooted, these will not work on Apple products. Anybody who claims they are "working on it" is giving out false information. (Nothing vs. Mystro. Free beta version works great. Current paid version: I can drive safer and smarter without paying for it.)

Last edited:
Rideshare Companion by Thunderstick is available for Android. It's free. Ad-supported but the ad is not distracting. Ads do not pop up during a ride or at the wrong time.

Similar to secret background video recorder apps, Apple will not allow these apps to run on iOS. Unless your iPhone or iPad is rooted, these will not work on Apple products. Anybody who claims they are "working on it" is giving out false information. (Nothing vs. Mystro. Free beta version works great. Current paid version: I can live without paying for it.)

I don't think i understand what you mean. Apple won't allow one app function using another apps information ?

JBinPenfield

Ads would be counterproductive to the primary goal of Mystro. Making driving safer. The last thing we need are drivers having to close, or scroll through ads to push a button. The money for developers, support personnel, payroll, and other expenses has to come from somewhere. It cost us a lot of our own cash to build. We appreciate your comment.

How about video ads that play for the passenger while the ride is going on. Interspersed with cat videos of course to catch their attention:smiles: And you'd need to use verbal turn directions if you don't have a map on the screen.

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
I use Mystro in NYC, it does exactly what it says and does it well. There are some annoyances like "On trip already Ignore request" banner when the ping times out the banner stays there obstructing the navigation view for Waze, so you don't know what is your upcoming street or highway exit until you press the screen to get rid of it.

Also I love the preferences filter, but what I don't love is how there is no increment button on the left or right hand side to just tap to increase or decrease by .10 of a pax rating, or 1 minute of distance. When you're wanting to adjust this with a finger slide it's kinda tedious.

Overall if you're a full time driver and care about your safety and multi-app I don't see 100 bucks a year being a huge deal breaker, thats just $8.33~ a month in efficiency increase that you get by driving without having to press anything on your smartphone.