Downtown Sacramento Drivers

Where are my downtown Sacramento drivers? We need to band together and create surges after events and during the late bar scene. We need to go dark together and look out for each other and put some money in our pockets. Hit me up and let’s link up !!

Sactown Dan

I heard a rumor that 100% of passengers don’t like paying surge pricing. And I hear that they wait out surge. They don’t like it but they do what they have to.

Dude, stop playing the game and either take rides or not. You can decide which trips now and figure out what is most profitable for you. I have maybe gotten three surge rides out of 100 since the multiplier came back. I have sat in a surge zone more times than I can count and gotten either no ping, or pings way outside of the zone. I live close to a busy area and can just open the app and see a surge. People want to pay nothing to be shuttled around. Once you get that, you will sleep easier.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow some very hurt egos in this forum. All you guys must actually work for Uber. Shuttling around people for next to nothing. Be my guest guys. Yea I guess 100% of people wait for surge to die. You guys are @@@@ing stupid. You guys want to complain about how shitty a company like Uber is but don’t want to put more money in your pockets. Less rides with more surge equals less headache. S Halester you’re a little @@@@@. Get out of here
Post automatically merged:

I heard a rumor that 100% of passengers don’t like paying surge pricing. And I hear that they wait out surge. They don’t like it but they do what they have to.

Dude, stop playing the game and either take rides or not. You can decide which trips now and figure out what is most profitable for you. I have maybe gotten three surge rides out of 100 since the multiplier came back. I have sat in a surge zone more times than I can count and gotten either no ping, or pings way outside of the zone. I live close to a busy area and can just open the app and see a surge. People want to pay nothing to be shuttled around. Once you get that, you will sleep easier.
3 surge rides out of 100. Damn Uber must hate the shit out of you. Uber loves little ants like you.

Uber frowns on this type of behavior. just saying.
Are you really defending Uber? Wow what a loser

Attachments

Last edited:

Sactown Dan

Uber hates drivers period. They don’t care about drivers. Everyone has their strategy. And for me, being one of 30 drivers on the blocks around G1C so I can nab a surge for a half block trip isn’t worth it. Three years of driving and averaging $30 gross in Sac is pretty good. But I’m not here to measure. Chasing surge is more of a headache then waiting for the right trip now that I can see all the details.

Hahaha. Committing fraud. You’re one of the little ants I see signed on at 1.5 to 2x surge. You mean the same customers that take advantage of us everyday with no tips and their stupid requests for stops and other dumb stuff. You must be as stupid as you sound!!! Fraud GTFO. Uber is the one screwing us by setting these low fares so why not work together to fix the problem. Whatever you say little 🐜

Sactown Dan

I’m just stating the facts also. Don’t know why anyone would not want to put more money in their pockets and deal with less riders on a daily basis.
I’ll bite, other than the drunk train ride after midnight you didn’t fare that great. Some hours are below minimum wage. But good job on filling the surge bingo card. No tips on any of those trips I see.

I’ll bite, other than the drunk train ride after midnight you didn’t fare that great. Some hours are below minimum wage. But good job on filling the surge bingo card. No tips on any of those trips I see.
I would much rather have a below minimum wage hour without wasting any gas or mileage on the car by sitting downtown. Those surge rides for sure make up for that. Watching Hulu and Netflix while waiting for a ride doesn’t count as work for me.

And to your point about tips. Every night is different. If you have done this enough you should know that tips are hit or miss. It’s all about luck with the ping that comes in and let’s be real most people don’t tip and sometimes I get cash tips but not at a high percentage.

NUBER-LE

Too many drivers out during bar close. I do get alot of comfort surge rides tho so that's a plus.

Surge rarely lasts over 8 minutes. The best was PBR. Kings games are trash for surge now. All if many surge rides are 5-8 bucks.

Adios to seeking surge! I stand by my prior comment. Drivers mean nothing.
So if certain areas light up with high demand couldn’t we just check our rider app to see where the price is at? What is your thought on why Uber is doing this?

btone31

So if certain areas light up with high demand couldn’t we just check our rider app to see where the price is at? What is your thought on why Uber is doing this?
They don't want us to cherry pick rides. But the smart ones will find a way to beat Uber to the chase. For example, checking pax app.

Too many drivers out during bar close. I do get alot of comfort surge rides tho so that's a plus.

Surge rarely lasts over 8 minutes. The best was PBR. Kings games are trash for surge now. All if many surge rides are 5-8 bucks.
Kings games surge good on Uber. Problem is lack of requests (and it was like that when we had sticky surge). Lyft, forget it. At most, $3 surge.