Downtown D.C. Boost=1.1x and 1.2x

SOLA-RAH

You should NEVER be out driving 10a-4p Monday-Friday if you're looking to make actual money. Uber is the anti-9to5 job. Leave the mid-day driving during the workweek to the retired folks, soccer moms, and the ants that don't know any better.

New2This

You should NEVER be out driving 10a-4p Monday-Friday if you're looking to make actual money. Uber is the anti-9to5 job. Leave the mid-day driving during the workweek to the retired folks, soccer moms, and the ants that don't know any better.

Monday through Thursday totally agree. Fridays middays have been hit or miss. Sometimes they've surged as people get away.

Agree the 1.2X is insulting and NOT an incentive to do anything

leosc

escott24

dude remember just back in february DC on a friday from 4-8 was like 1.7-2.0, now i just laugh at it when i open it up

New2This

dude remember just back in february DC on a friday from 4-8 was like 1.7-2.0, now i just laugh at it when i open it up

This is why I don't do rush hours anymore.

I don't see it getting any better either. The less incentives the less I drive.

Crunch those numbers Dara

Jo3030

There really shouldn't be any quests, boosts or any of these scams.
Let the 'market' bear what it bears.
It would undoubtedly mean $10min fares in DC however, almost guaranteed.
It'd be surging 2x always

Uberfunitis

There really shouldn't be any quests, boosts or any of these scams.
Let the 'market' bear what it bears.
It would undoubtedly mean $10min fares in DC however, almost guaranteed.
It'd be surging 2x always
I doubt it, if they truly let the market decide and took away minimums all together I bet you would have a rush to the bottom with people doing it for a buck or two depending on how desperate they were for money at the moment.

Jo3030

I doubt it, if they truly let the market decide and took away minimums all together I bet you would have a rush to the bottom with people doing it for a buck or two depending on how desperate they were for money at the moment.
Wrong. Wrong.
No one would drive in middle of DC for base rates.

DCNewbie17

Wrong. Wrong.
No one would drive in middle of DC for base rates.

I think you're both right. People would continue to do base rates...initially. There's a constant influx of new drivers for now and someone will be willing to until too many drivers opt out in favor of greener pastures. Base rates only at the current rates would be unsustainable longterm.