Downtown Cowboy Jacks + Brother’s Bar pickups

homelesswarlock

These two bars are difficult pickups to do because 5th street is one lane of traffic and there is absolutely no stopping.

EE6BC9EA-4D7C-4FE0-AB6C-61FF6AA02C26.jpeg

“No Stopping” is the most restrictive sign downtown.

You can pickup and dump off pax on a “No Parking”

You can pickup and dump off pax on a “No Standing”

You cannot stop on a “no stopping” block unless you are UNCONSCIOUS

On weekends, the response time for these pickups is slow which makes this area surge more often than other parts of downtown.

If you enter from Hennepin or 1st ave, you are basically screwed because the road is completely congested at 12am, 1am, 2am.

DCE7CEB9-95FC-4561-9EFB-328C2CBB08FB.png

New Uber and Lyft drivers will stop and wait for pax on 5th st—completely blocking traffic, and this the reason why these pickups suck.

735942AD-F555-4575-95B8-F3B364F8A1A7.png

The solution is to camp out or route yourself on 3rd ave and pickup on 2nd ave.

Or approach from Glenwood.

Personally, I like to camp out on 3rd ave. Now if the pickup location is Brother’s Bar, I tell pax to walk down the block to Cowboy Jacks. If they don’t feel like it, then I cancel.

Ignore all pings from 5th and Hennepin.
07C8D12A-0CA4-45DC-B594-D68501348622.png

There is “No Stopping” on Hennepin and “No Stopping” on 5th. There is no legal place for you to pull over.

Blacklist:
Sneaky Pete’s
Sal’s on 5th
The Exchange
The Pourhouse
Brassrail Lounge
When I was super noob, I accepted a ping from downtown. The girl on the phone said. “Yeah, we’re in front of The Exchange and 5th” anyways, it was -20 degrees and they almost froze to death because it took me 15 minutes to fight gridlock. I got 1-starred for a 12$ ride.

homelesswarlock

The people from those bars are crap anyways.

Yeah. I used to think that pax with 4.5 ratings would simply not get rides but I understand now that since no UberX will take them, they have to take Uber Select.

I’ve been taking a lot of Select riders with 4.5. They are typically frat boys or sorority girls fresh out of college. They are loud, stupid, and do stupid shit like yell out the window at intersections.

The worst riders probably have no choice but Uber Black.

Bad Uber XL pax are fed to Uber Black SUV.

The best passengers deserve the lowest price. I will continue to downrate pax if I believe they deserve to be charged Black car rates.

UbeRoBo

Only a fool would pick up a passenger from any of those listed establishments. Nothing good can come out of those rides when you factor in the risk of what can go bad. No thanks. I mostly drove days in Vegas so I rarely encountered drunks but my #1 rule was no drunk is getting into my vehicle.

homelesswarlock

Only a fool would pick up a passenger from any of those listed establishments. Nothing good can come out of those rides when you factor in the risk of what can go bad. No thanks. I mostly drove days in Vegas so I rarely encountered drunks but my #1 rule was no drunk is getting into my vehicle.

drunks for base rate = not worth it.

Drunks for surge bonus = worth it. You can make decent bank cancelling on drunks because they fat finger their pickup location 2-3 times before they get it right.

RideshareCPA

you think? i've missed a few surges because i was waiting for dumbass drunks. if i know I'll get another surge ride right away, I won't even wait around.

homelesswarlock

you think? i've missed a few surges because i was waiting for dumbass drunks. if i know I'll get another surge ride right away, I won't even wait around.

Just use google and it’s spy network to see if you should wait around
E6722C4B-4DCD-433A-88B1-6AA2BAC5C2EC.png

There are “sophisticated” drunks
And then you have your “dumbass drunks”

Tator tots attract dumbass drunks (fist bump frat bros). If you see tator tots being served as part of a dish, then there needs to be a surge attached.
If bouncers are letting in baseball caps and shorts; if there is also police presence—there needs to be a surge attached.

Tator tots give frat bros the energy they need for fist fights.

746BD897-9FA6-40DF-940F-F22C136E83DB.png

57918552-A613-4C75-99D9-61AB2FB34DAE.jpeg E92C3327-40DE-4AF1-9570-AC8F9CC4DA3A.jpeg E2E18D66-5E5F-4561-913E-821245637E75.jpeg 84AA8FD3-A431-47B7-A125-55C45F51F61E.jpeg

Last edited:

homelesswarlock

Shit, I can barely get these drunk idiots to find me when I’m sitting 5 feet in front of them, how the hell do you get them to navigate an entire city block? I guess I’m not fluent in shit-hammered-frat-boy.

Have them on the phone with you the entire time. The person with their phone to their ear is your pax.

I confirm all rides by calling as I approach a group of people. If I see them answering, I hang up because now I know I have the right group. This erases the awkward “what’s my name” bs that’s spreading.

Extraholes

That of course works when they say Cowboy's for there location. I did have one dumb person put in that they are at Cowboys and I could see that they where on 1st ave. They called me multipull times and I just told them that they said they were at cowboys and I am on 3rd right outside the entrance with my hazards on. Also, kindly told them that that is where they told me to pick them up and with traffic, it is way faster for them to walk to me.

The worst is, when they say "i did not enter any address" Still wish they made them put a place of business when downtown or uptown.

homelesswarlock

That of course works when they say Cowboy's for there location. I did have one dumb person put in that they are at Cowboys and I could see that they where on 1st ave. They called me multipull times and I just told them that they said they were at cowboys and I am on 3rd right outside the entrance with my hazards on. Also, kindly told them that that is where they told me to pick them up and with traffic, it is way faster for them to walk to me.

The worst is, when they say "i did not enter any address" Still wish they made them put a place of business when downtown or uptown.

In that case I would cancel. The next driver cancels.
Then pax experiences a “paradigm shift” and learns to walk towards the driver. Pax will continue doing the behaviors that generate positive outcomes (getting a ride). Pax will modify behaviors that generate a negative outcome (getting cancelled).

Sometimes when I pull up to dirty apartments, I see pax in the middle of the street waving their hands. I thank the drivers before me who have canceled and driven away. When drivers cancel, it conditions passengers to be prompt.

dctcmn

In that case I would cancel. The next driver cancels.
Then pax experiences a “paradigm shift” and learns to walk towards the driver. Pax will continue doing the behaviors that generate positive outcomes (getting a ride). Pax will modify behaviors that generate a negative outcome (getting cancelled).

Sometimes when I pull up to dirty apartments, I see pax in the middle of the street waving their hands. I thank the drivers before me who have canceled and driven away. When drivers cancel, it conditions passengers to be prompt.

Cancelling doesn't condition the passenger, because they get another car in 2 minutes. Letting the timer run down and cancelling for a no-show so that they get charged has a better chance of changing behavior.

For a base fare, I typically won't move to a passenger or answer any calls until the timer runs down. I accepted work that involved me driving for X amount of minutes for free to the pin, then waiting up to five minutes for the passenger to get in my car. I did not accept work to drive X amount of minutes to the pin, then drive extra to search for the passenger. If they want me to drive to a different location than the pin, then they can order a new ride and I'll decide if I want to accept it.

homelesswarlock

Cancelling doesn't condition the passenger, because they get another car in 2 minutes. Letting the timer run down and cancelling for a no-show so that they get charged has a better chance of changing behavior.

For a base fare, I typically won't move to a passenger or answer any calls until the timer runs down. I accepted work that involved me driving for X amount of minutes for free to the pin, then waiting up to five minutes for the passenger to get in my car. I did not accept work to drive X amount of minutes to the pin, then drive extra to search for the passenger. If they want me to drive to a different location than the pin, then they can order a new ride and I'll decide if I want to accept it.

In residential neighborhoods cancel/no show. In Downtown = straight cancel and screw it because it might take you 10 minutes to crawl to the pin—and another 10 minutes to dig yourself out. Then the pax you canceled on are pounding on your window and you can’t escape.

And yes, in any other part of the city, pax can get another car in 2 minutes. However, requests coming from Cowboy jacks/Brothers/5th Hennepin get passed around and thrown across the river into NE and North MPLS (which is why I suggest Glenwood as an approach).

Nobody wants to take frat bros after they’ve ingested tator tot pizza.

dauction

Drop Off and Pickups Cowboy Jacks .. I did this twice .. Monarchs Parking lot .

Attachments

• 1557609024858.png
    1557609024858.png
    337.9 KB · Views: 13