Down Time Question

Cane

Ok so I just want to start by saying I’m not asking for locations or any details that may affect your earnings. Now that that’s out of the way, I was wondering what do you guys do during non-peak hours?

Do you set destination filters and wait it out? Drive to your spots and settle for anything? Drive home and come back out during busy hours? Wait it out at the EWR queue?

I’ve been posted for over an hour with destination filter for both Uber and Lyft and have gotten nothing. Not sure what some of you do. Again, I am not asking for anything that may affect your earnings. Just a little advice if possible. Thank you in advance.

Uberx24

During non peak hours I always check my pax app to make sure I'm not sitting in a pool of ants. If I am, I try to move away. Also parking next to a Mall, hotel, or train station, will increase your odds of getting a ping. Sitting at the Que is a waste of time, especially if there is more than 40 cars, you will be there for at least 1.5 to 2 hours before you get a ride.

Cane

During non peak hours I always check my pax app to make sure I'm not sitting in a pool of ants. If I am, I try to move away. Also parking next to a Mall, hotel, or train station, will increase your odds of getting a ping. Sitting at the Que is a waste of time, especially if there is more than 40 cars, you will be there for at least 1.5 to 2 hours before you get a ride.

Really appreciate the advice. Thanks a lot.

ibeam23

If it's THAT slow I take the afternoon off and head out again around 3-ish. Sometimes I just set a DF for EWR or simply take any ping I get within reason.

SuzeCB

Find a bathroom, even if you don't think you have to go... Cuz you know you're going to have to as soon as you get a ping. I'll get a refill on my tea, make sure I have enough Five Hour Energy for later on in the night, socialize with friends either in person or on the phone in some way shape or form. Pick out new perfumes to throw on my queue for my scentbird subscription... You know, stuff.

Wh4tev3r!!!!

I usually take a break. Get something to eat and drink. Turn off the apps to make sure they aren't having any glitches and start fresh. Like a reset to change my luck.

HudsonDriver4Hire

Depending where your home base is, and if the desperation/hustle is real, turn on UberEats and sign up for other delivery gigs (DoorDash, InstaCart, Postmates, etc.) PM me if interested.

Uber-licious

Ok so I just want to start by saying I’m not asking for locations or any details that may affect your earnings. Now that that’s out of the way, I was wondering what do you guys do during non-peak hours?

Do you set destination filters and wait it out? Drive to your spots and settle for anything? Drive home and come back out during busy hours? Wait it out at the EWR queue?

I’ve been posted for over an hour with destination filter for both Uber and Lyft and have gotten nothing. Not sure what some of you do. Again, I am not asking for anything that may affect your earnings. Just a little advice if possible. Thank you in advance.
Drinking heavily is one option.

just uberX

If im by hoboken uber office , i tried to stop by and get some freebies or ask for uber t shirt to wipe my car down and cleaned my rims with it.