Doubts that TLC clerks either get money, satisfaction OR other incentives for rejections?

Inshur

OmeOmy

Just heard a guy get rejected because the reason for appointment was incorrect...vehicle transfer instead of plate transfer. So instead of waiting a few minutes to an hour with a new ticket, he has to wait 2 weeks for another appointment :confusion:

A couple months ago, clerk rejected my app because I forgot to get Fuber signature...I asked could I run downstairs quick, she said no because it's not fair to drivers whose bases aren't as close...complete bullsh*t because the entire industry is built on unfairness starting with clerks who wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for the drivers, going out of their way to delay or reject applications or service request

If anyone has an appointment, they should have until end of business day to correct errors, there will be no change to the fixed number of drivers expected by TLC to do their business

Price_action

It’s NYC they make up interpretations to the rules on the fly as they go along and are done as per their own convenience.

Wardell Curry

The crazy thing is tlc has a set number of appointments each day with enough time and staff to handle ALL the appointments that day and then some. Let's say on average, there are 200 per day. If someone cancels an appointment in advance, the schedule doesn't change. That's one less appointment that day. Now factor in people who miss their appointment for whatever reason. Let's call that 5 percent of the total. Down to 179. They still have more than enough time to get to every one who showed up even if there is an issue. This is simply an archaic styled system where they punish the drivers to give themselves less work. Nothing more or less.

OmeOmy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The crazy thing is tlc has a set number of appointments each day with enough time and staff to handle ALL the appointments that day and then some. Let's say on average, there are 200 per day. If someone cancels an appointment in advance, the schedule doesn't change. That's one less appointment that day. Now factor in people who miss their appointment for whatever reason. Let's call that 5 percent of the total. Down to 179. They still have more than enough time to get to every one who showed up even if there is an issue. This is simply an archaic styled system where they punish the drivers to give themselves less work. Nothing more or less.
exactly. They have the resources but is intentionally functioning as if they're overwhelmed with a first come first served structure

Guided One

I was at the TLC office last week because they never sent my new license in the mail. I waited 2 hours. While the clerk was on the computer. I got a phone call. As soon as I picked up another clerk tells me that I can’t be on the phone in front of them and that it was policy. There are no songs that state that at all. I felt like saying something but then realized it wasn’t worth it.

TLC IS MORE OPPRESSIVE THEN NORTH KOREA.