Double yellow line to carpool

soonsoon

Has anyone gotten a ticket for crossing double yellow to carpool lane? if so I need some help.

I did something real stupid today. Crossed double yellow to carpool south bound 405 to the airport and got a ticket from CHP.

If you've gotten a ticket, I'd like to know how you've handled it as I have a mandatory court appearance in Dec.

Thanks.

CaptainJackLA

someone here did going out the 10 fwy, not more than 2 weeks ago. it's posted somewhere, but i forgot who it was. seemed to be a newbie.

Blah

I remembered somebody posting about this on here. But the Uber driver was a passenger... and his Uber driver got a ticket.

Sorry to hear man. I don't want to sugar coat it ... but I think you just have to eat the ticket. It's an expensive one too.

Hopefully you get some better news from other members here.

I googled this scenerio for you. http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157476

soonsoon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I remembered somebody posting about this on here. But the Uber driver was a passenger... and his Uber driver got a ticket.

Sorry to hear man. I don't want to sugar coat it ... but I think you just have to eat the ticket. It's an expensive one too.

Hopefully you get some better news from other members here.

I googled this scenerio for you. http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157476
yeah, looks like I might have to eat this one..plus traffic school. First ticket ever doing Uber in 18 months. Traffic was 5:30pm from S.M. and the lady kept bugging me about the traffic and how she might miss the flight. I know...I caved in just to save a few minutes and she didn't even tip..I'm kicking myself..ouch...ouch..OUCH..OUCH!

soonsoon

I'm so sorry to hear that. Maybe the extend court appearance thing will work. Good luck!
yup will definitely try that (thanks Uberfrolic!) and pray he doesn't show up..unless someone else has been through the ropes and the system. If I plead guilty and traffic school, that's $600 plus loss of income..woo hoo! Uber on baby!

Last edited:

Amsoil Uber Connect

Extend the court appearance, then extend it again before the rescheduled court appearance and hopefully the cop forgets about u and has other busy things to attend to and doesn't show up. That's your best bet.

Try to space out those extension far apart as possible.
X2. Uber is going to file and appeal on the Employee / IC suit from it latest ruling. Learn for the pro's and do the same.

Bdott

Sorry to hear that happen. I stay firm and ask the pax how much time do you have!? If they are in a rush have them look at the GPS with me to see the amount of time they have and traffic. Im not going to put myself in position to lose money. Start saving up and extend the court appearance

arto71

Has anyone gotten a ticket for crossing double yellow to carpool lane? if so I need some help.

I did something real stupid today. Crossed double yellow to carpool south bound 405 to the airport and got a ticket from CHP.

If you've gotten a ticket, I'd like to know how you've handled it as I have a mandatory court appearance in Dec.

Thanks.
Not sure this would be any help but I'd try it.
Go to trip history then "help"
image.jpg

image.jpg

Choose "received citation "
Then att. copy of your ticket, tell uber that costumer repeatedly asked you to take carpool lane as he/she was going to miss his/ her flight.
Good luck

DocT

yeah, looks like I might have to eat this one..plus traffic school. First ticket ever doing Uber in 18 months. Traffic was 5:30pm from S.M. and the lady kept bugging me about the traffic and how she might miss the flight. I know...I caved in just to save a few minutes and she didn't even tip..I'm kicking myself..ouch...ouch..OUCH..OUCH!
I, personally, would NEVER cave in to perform an illegal driving action for a PAX.

RacerX

I had a PAX on the way to LAX recently tell me it was OK to cross double yellow lines if you where already in carpool lane and needed to merge over to get off at next exit. anybody know if thats true? Even though it's been a long time since i've taken a DL test I remember reading/learning thats its never OK to cross DY lines. However, Some of those DY lines on carpool lanes go on for ever and with traffic you could miss your exit by miles if following the law.

Ot1

I had a PAX on the way to LAX recently tell me it was OK to cross double yellow lines if you where already in carpool lane and needed to merge over to get off at next exit. anybody know if thats true? Even though it's been a long time since i've taken a DL test I remember reading/learning thats its never OK to cross DY lines. However, Some of those DY lines on carpool lanes go on for ever and with traffic you could miss your exit by miles if following the law.
How is it ok to cross a double yellow solid line??
Your pax probably wanted to get to lax faster

RacerX

How is it ok to cross a double yellow solid line??
Your pax probably wanted to get to lax faster
it's not as far as i'm concerned and we were not in carpool lane as traffic wasn't bad. not sure how the convo started but he just mentioned that because the carpool lane DY lines went on for so long it was ok cross back if you needed to merge off the fwy. I've never heard this and that's why I mentioned and asked.

soonsoon

Not sure this would be any help but I'd try it.
Go to trip history then "help"
View attachment 12843
View attachment 12844
Choose "received citation "
Then att. copy of your ticket, tell uber that costumer repeatedly asked you to take carpool lane as he/she was going to miss his/ her flight.
Good luck
Thanks bro but it's a moving violation and Uber won't help. I'm hoping someone who went to court and maybe successfully got the fine reduced or something. Traffic school for sure. 1 point DMV.

soonsoon

I, personally, would NEVER cave in to perform an illegal driving action for a PAX.
YES..totally agree! I was tired or something and a butt head move and was pretty sure no CHP..but regardless a butt head move. Can't blame no one but myself.

Ot1

Just ask for extension and pay it later and do traffic school, next time don't do that