Double dash cam

Karem

Good day friends. I'm looking for a dash cam that had 3 cameras. One for the outside and one for inside the care. Does this cam exists?

UberZF

Wow!!!

Both of these come with a hefty price tag.
I'm sure there are ones out there that are of same quality but much cheaper.
On the Quality Side... Not many I've tried...
Mind you, I've limited myself to cams I can get, and try for at least 2 weeks.

TBH, My first attempt at a Blackvue 650 turned out to be a Real bust, and was returned in 2 weeks... to Best buy...
But seeing an Ottawa driver using the IR version and getting to talk to them about it, sold me as my final solution.

The only other Camera that I've heard is as good in all aspects, is the Falcon Zero 360. Much cheaper, but the format is an issue for me.

My needs were Important in some aspects:
  • Must support 128GB or 200GB Cards
  • Must have view at night, (Either amazing WDR, High ISO, or well performing IR)
  • Must have loop recording, and use a commonly supported data format.
  • Must be able to record 10h without overwriting
  • Must be easy to access SD/MicroSD
  • Must be able to Turn Off/Disable easily.
In the case of the one I am using, I have it set to 720/15FPS, with Normal quality.
average file size is 36MB, for 3 min, so 12MB/min = 720 MB/h, = I archive all my Interior views

Karem

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TBH, My first attempt at a Blackvue 650 turned out to be a Real bust, and was returned in 2 weeks... to Best buy...
But seeing an Ottawa driver using the IR version and getting to talk to them about it, sold me as my final solution.

The only other Camera that I've heard is as good in all aspects, is the Falcon Zero 360. Much cheaper, but the format is an issue for me.

• Must have view at night, (Either amazing WDR, High ISO, or well performing IR)
In the case of the one I am using, I have it set to 720/15FPS, with Normal quality.
average file size is 36MB, for 3 min, so 12MB/min = 720 MB/h, = I archive all my Interior views
Does it record for inside the car as well. That's what I'm looking for. Record outside infront and inside the car incase a pax get some ideas and attack me. For security reasons I mean. So my question is does this dash cam exist or I need to by 2 different cams ?

UberZF

Does it record for inside the car as well. That's what I'm looking for. Record outside infront and inside the car incase a pax get some ideas and attack me. For security reasons I mean. So my question is does this dash cam exist or I need to by 2 different cams ?
you can setup the 2nd (Rear facing) inside,

UberZF

Bu

but no night vision:smiles:
Karem, Did you not read my Post?
I bought the -IR version, so YES Night Vision :p

it was my 2nd Bullet!
But seeing an Ottawa driver using the IR version and getting to talk to them about it, sold me as my final

>>>SNIP<<<
>>>SNIP<<<

UberZF

Do we need to display any sign. Safety camera in car or anything like that.
In Canada, It's not required by law, unless minors are involved, or the other party explicitly objects. Here we have a single party consent, as well as a single party refusal laws.
Having a sign here is more like good manners. In fact, Toronto Taxi's Must have a camera, and capture at a minimum time-laps stills, especially during times door is open.

However, I do not know about the laws in other jurisdictions. You will need to check with your privacy and consent laws. Not sure if its the same for all of Australia, or if you have Regional and/or municipal variances.

UberZF

Just bought this for $50. Well worth the price. Records both inside and out. Does the job.

Buyee Car DVR Camera HD 720p Car DVR Video Camera Recorder Dual Lens Dash Board Camera Car Black Box Video Recorder by Buyee http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00SFDU4NM/?tag=upnet01-20
Hmmm.. Was looking into that one, however, mostly negative reviews, Looks like it has IR, but cant find the Manual to validate some options.
How long have you had it?
Have you reviewed the quality on the Inside to see if its clear?
any issues you've noticed?

Mattio41

I bought and installed the Blackvue also. So far I am extremely impressed with the ability to capture night vision. I have a question, have you played with different SD cards, and have you found anyone to be better than others?

erexa

ZF is right, blackvue is the best, I have 650 on my one car and 750 on other, very satisfied from both, I even have custom ROM running on 650 that enables WDR which even gives better quality.