Doordash Rating Going Down over Merchant Disruptions

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Over the local businesses having their restruants morphed into ghost kitchens, drive-thru has gotten longer and slower; lobby areas are sometimes overpopulated by waiting carry-out customers, sharing the same air to breath. I have unassigned myself more than ever these past couple of weeks, because it was just not worth the time for the money being paid to make the delivery. Long backed-up drive thrus are the worst! Some of these places are okay with me,; but with walking in to pick up gets replaced with long wait times in drive thrus, I have to stop going there.

After 1400 lifetime deliveries, my overall customer feedback rating went up. Tips are still about half the income. Completion rate is lowest ever.

Similar issue where I reside to work as DD, GH, UE and IC driver. My DD customer rating (CR) dipped slightly, on edge of deactivation, thanks to self-entitled customer jerks, especially crappy orders like McDonald’s.

I had DD CR rating of 4.40 before it dipped thanks to moronic customers in the last week.

One way to find out why some petty prima donna customers would rate low is to reach 100th confirmed delivery in DD to unlock the possible feedback.

Attachments

Solid 5

As of this morning.....

4.88 customer rating
28% acceptance rate (about normal for me, although it was down to 15% last week)
99% completion rate
88% on time or early (hasn’t changed in months even with the fact no one is on the roads to slow things up)
3940 deliveries

FormerTaxiDriver♧

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Similar issue where I reside to work as DD, GH, UE and IC driver. My DD customer rating (CR) dipped slightly, on edge of deactivation, thanks to self-entitled customer jerks, especially crappy orders like McDonald’s.

I had DD CR rating of 4.40 before it dipped thanks to moronic customers in the last week.

One way to find out why some petty prima donna customers would rate low is to reach 100th confirmed delivery in DD to unlock the possible feedback.
What tha hell is going on???👀
Post automatically merged:

As of this morning.....

4.88 customer rating
28% acceptance rate (about normal for me, although it was down to 15% last week)
99% completion rate
88% on time or early (hasn’t changed in months even with the fact no one is on the roads to slow things up)
3940 deliveries

Attachments

Solid 5

Probably time estimate factors traffic conditions into the equation. Now that the roads are cleared up, you should be able to bring that rating up by speeding and running some red lights.
Trust me, I spent a lot of money the first year I moved down here from New York State getting out of a whole bunch of different tickets. Thanks but no thanks LOL.

uberboy1212

It’s been the opposite for me. I typically stay @ 4.8, never hit 4.9 until recently. I assumed it went up because customers felt bad I was still working.
117D0628-DCFF-4747-9A2D-B30BEF985022.png
117D0628-DCFF-4747-9A2D-B30BEF985022.png

Over the local businesses having their restruants morphed into ghost kitchens, drive-thru has gotten longer and slower; lobby areas are sometimes overpopulated by waiting carry-out customers, sharing the same air to breath. I have unassigned myself more than ever these past couple of weeks, because it was just not worth the time for the money being paid to make the delivery. Long backed-up drive thrus are the worst! Some of these places are okay with me,; but with walking in to pick up gets replaced with long wait times in drive thrus, I have to stop going there.

After 1400 lifetime deliveries, my overall customer feedback rating went up. Tips are still about half the income. Completion rate is lowest ever.
Do u use a thermal bag?

You def don’t use a thermal bag right?

Last edited:

uberboy1212

3 different sized bags.

Yes, I had a bad habit of setting the bag on the ground, then pulling the order out. My rating just went up this morning 4.68.
I got this bag recently and it has a shoulder strap so it never touches the ground. I didn’t even stop to think that it may be helping my rating. I got it because it uses Velcro instead of zippers (@Seamus recommended).

FormerTaxiDriver♧

I got this bag recently and it has a shoulder strap so it never touches the ground. I didn’t even stop to think that it may be helping my rating. I got it because it uses Velcro instead of zippers (@Seamus recommended).

Ohhhhhh, that's nice! I want one of those.

FormerTaxiDriver♧

I always do this. No one has ever said anything to me about it. And now customers are even asking us to leave the food by the door or on the welcome mat, which is worse. So, 🤷🏽‍♂️
Yeah, it makes no sense, but I noticed a change. I think it has to do with local culture.

Teksaz

I tried a little experiment and I can't say for sure that it worked but I can say for sure my customer rating jumped up. I call it mind manipulation. I decided to do some deliveries with a glove on only the hand I touched the order with. The other hand just held the bag. Why just one glove you ask? To lazy to put both on lol
Here's the result
Screenshot_20200328-180956_Dasher.jpg

Solid 5

I tried a little experiment and I can't say for sure that it worked but I can say for sure my customer rating jumped up. I call it mind manipulation. I decided to do some deliveries with a glove on only the hand I touched the order with. The other hand just held the bag. Why just one glove you ask? To lazy to put both on lol
Here's the result
View attachment 439025
Interesting. What was your rating before?

Ckris1

Next time I dont see a employee within 2 mins from when I walk in I'm reassigning the order instead of 30- 45mins then reassigning

If I even do doordash again if I dont see a employee and only people waitng I'm reassigning the order that situation is not going to work out good

Teksaz

Interesting. What was your rating before?
Sunday it was 4.89. Monday it went to 4.90. Stayed at 4.90 until Thursday, the day I did the glove test. It went up 8 points on Thursday. First it went to 4.94 and at quitting time it was 4.98 as it stands today.
I take a screenshot of my ratings every morning before I start my shift because everybody knows, I think DD manipulates the ratings. This may very well be some of that but usually it's in the other direction.