1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Door Slamming vs Leaving The Door Wide Open

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by flyntflossy10, Oct 10, 2018.

?

??

1. Slamming

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Leaving Open

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. flyntflossy10

flyntflossy10

Driving:
    UberX
    Personally for me both are rating deductions, unless I see a cash tip. I know we all hate door slamming, but which one pisses you off more?

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. mbd

mbd

Most of the time passengers don't realize that they are slamming the door

tohunt4me likes this.
  3. flyntflossy10

flyntflossy10

Driving:
    UberX
    Oh so you yell out the window and ask if they meant to do it?

tohunt4me likes this.
  4. New2This

New2This

6000 rides and never had a door left open

5. I have had doors left open !
    Modern smaller cars the damn doors Arent heavy enough to close by rapid acceleration.
    Have to reach back and grab door.
    Or get out.
    If you have to get out in a crowd, you better take keys.

6. Z129

Z129 Moderator

I've had a door accidentally not closed completely, but never had a door left wide open inteionally. Like most of us I am rather fed up with door slammers.

The worst I had was this drunk girl (a nurse by the way) who got in my back seat and slammed the door harder than anybody has ever done. Then she got out, moved to the front seat and slammed that door the same way. She was 100% oblivious to what she was doing. But I was definitely triggered. Then she starts screaming in my face that one of the guys in the back seat has an open container. She also touched my phone and tried to give me a neck massage which angered the three guys in the back who all had ideas of scoring with this young woman.

At the end of the trip I look in the back seat and there are Cheeto balls all over the back seat and floor. I got out of the car to deal with it and the guy says "Show some respect and clean your car!" I just turned to him and slowly repeated what he just said to me. So I sort of scooped everything onto one floor mat and then dumped that on the guy's feet and sort of hovered over him for a moment basically silently daring him to do something. He and the other two guys gave me the stink eye but wisely decided to go about their drunken way with their drunken nurse. It really messed with me for few days and I did the day shift for a bit.

Had the drunken nurse not slammed my door twice before the ride had even started I would not have been triggered like I was and the whole situation would have been handled better by me. But I learned my lesson and I'm not likely to be triggered that way again. If nothing else this job does help you get better at self-control in the face of idiocy.

MHR likes this.
  7. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Uber appears to be advertising on television that it’s ok to leave doors wide open. Worked well for ‘tipping not necessary’.

Congrats on your promotion.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Z129, BikingBob and MHR like this.
  8. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    OP, consider changing the title of the thread or the title of your poll. When I saw the title of the thread I thought it was asking which one I preferred, but then when I read your first post it appears that you want to know which one we don't prefer.

I would rather have the door slammed than the door left open. Leaving the door open in traffic could result in damage from passing vehicles.

9. Seamus

Seamus

Driving:
    UberX
    Believe it or not never had a door left open.

10. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I haven't either, unless you count not quite shut as "open". Wide open would definitely piss me off though.

reg barclay and Seamus like this.
  11. I had a ankle injury which limited my movement for a couple weeks, so passengers needed to open their own doors and shut them. definitely the slamming drove me nuts! So happy to me mobile again!

12. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Did your employee medical insurance cover all costs?

MadTownUberD and emdeplam like this.
  13. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Well played!

emdeplam and 1.5xorbust like this.
  14. I would rather they leave the door open. Slamming the door usually results in a broken latch or a broken seat belt because they're drunk and leaving that hanging out the door.

reg barclay likes this.
  15. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    Finally someone else noticed that on that commercial too!

Ive had a few drunks forget to close the door, a friend usually realizes it and yells at them to close it. Never has been an issue. I dont get much slamming with my current ride but when i drove a CTS, I had a lot of slammed doors because the doors were unusually heavy for a sedan and people would swing it more forcefully. Not all doors are created equal and if theyre used to swinging a door closed with a certain strength (on their personal vehicle) that same strength may end up slamming your door. Unless they were giving attitudes indicitive of intentionally slamming my door, I cringe but I don't hold it against them.

**** happens, ive slammed my own door on occasion. Should I give myself a 1 star?

16. LyftNewbie10

LyftNewbie10

Leaving the door open is forgivable. It sends that the message the passenger is trying to be careful NOT to slam the door. :)

17. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Might be a passive aggressive move.

18. Power sliding doors.

Which leads to folks trying to close an already closing door,
    thereby extending a task which did not their help.

19. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    OP is talking about leaving the door WIDE open, not "almost shut" open.

20. Z129

Z129 Moderator

Yeah I've seen those commercials. Why is Uber teaching pax and potential pax to leave our doors open? I'm sure the director thought that was a cool way to shoot the commercials, but I fear millennials will view that as operating orders.

Thank you.

MoreTips and 1.5xorbust like this.