Door Slammers

htboston

Should I rate them a 1-star or 2-star? Anyone worry about doing that because they might tank your driving rating too. The rating system does impact drivers much worst than riders.

Any of you ever confronted these idiots?

Dback2004

They usually get a 3 from me if they were otherwise a 5 star pax. Anything else and it's an auto 1. But I rank after I drive off so they don't see me do it.

simpsonsverytall

Not much you can do.

If they are aggressive/rowdy feel free to stop the ride right then.
You can always say "Hey please be easy on the doors"

Some people are just nervous, or apparently drive cars with steel doors.
Some people are inconsiderate.

Rating 1 star is pretty good. There really should be a comment section for 1star rates: Slammed Door

Uberbrethren

Should I rate them a 1-star or 2-star? Anyone worry about doing that because they might tank your driving rating too. The rating system does impact drivers much worst than riders.

Any of you ever confronted these idiots?
Hi Hung, Just make eye contact and smile as they enter and say something like "please close the door gently." Most pax are solid and will do it. If they are drunk, you need to ask a little more loudly - but they usually try on your behalf. Best,

Dahkei

Rate the pax when they are out of the car. However you rate, don't be worried about the pax retaliating. Most of them have no clue what their rating is because it's not as visible as ours.

htboston

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I realize it's always the dudes. If punching people in the face wasn't a crime, I'd probably punched 5 passengers' faces by now

FAC

Just reading your title made me cringe! If they tip 5*. If they don't rate 5* then contact uber later to change their rating to 1*. Pax have caught on to being rated and if they don't get 5* they retaliate with a low rating. I usually wait a day or two before I change the rating.

FAC

Rate the pax when they are out of the car. However you rate, don't be worried about the pax retaliating. Most of them have no clue what their rating is because it's not as visible as ours.
Pax are catching on. All they have to do now is go into their account and request to see their rating and it appears instantly. So they know their rating before we know ours.

UberReallySucks

Pax are catching on. All they have to do now is go into their account and request to see their rating and it appears instantly. So they know their rating before we know ours.
The rating system quit having any kind of significance as soon as Uber allowed 3 dollars rides. It meant even less when Uber introduced UberPool.
For Pax, it means even less as they can get another account with a perfect 5* anytime, with a new email and a prepaid debit card.
It's interesting though how the door slamming phenomenon has caught on with this millennial generation... some even give it extra effort just to slam them as hard as they can.
I guess "Monkey hear, monkey do"
Freaking idiots!

John S

I had a similar experience today , 2 riders hopped onto and slammed door hard .
While there are getting out i told them to be soft on doors still they did it.
I raised a complaint to Uber (through help from trips section) saying Door slammers
support came back and apologized for inconvenience and asked whether to "no longer to receive requests
from this rider " and i replied to do that.

I think we (drivers) should use help section more often and rate the rude passengers

FAC

I had a similar experience today , 2 riders hopped onto and slammed door hard .
While there are getting out i told them to be soft on doors still they did it.
I raised a complaint to Uber (through help from trips section) saying Door slammers
support came back and apologized for inconvenience and asked whether to "no longer to receive requests
from this rider " and i replied to do that.

I think we (drivers) should use help section more often and rate the rude passengers
I use it all the time. Especially to change my pax ratings about 3-5 days after the trip. I always rate pax five stars so they don't retaliate against me for a low rating. I know it doesn't do much but it makes me feel better. Uber support is worthless. At least Lyft support actually will do something. For example they removed a one star rating on a bad ride. Uber would never do that.