• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Door dash and bad weather

Its snowing and slippery here....After about a half hour into a dash a customer calls me wondering when she will get her order....I guess it was a hour and a half earlier...DD calls me when I am almost to the customer..and asked if it was raining....haha I about died and said nope about 4 inches of snow and roads are real bad...he hung up...Gave up for the day...I couldn't make DD times and was getting neg ratings and triple stacking orders.... customers said DD site was not working correctly....not sure why after a hour or so it pinged Simone...

Pretty much...I thought I would try..hoping for better tips...haha..it seems in this market it's upper class kids and the lower class people ordering...

Drizzle

I would like to drive in the snow but door dash is incompetent at managing delivery orders. A typical snowday is start the lunch rush 11am with $1 more than base by 12 its $8 over base. Ok ill log in.... then boom get an order for 36 miles away in 5 inches of snow for $5, not gonna do that log out for the day as i no longer earn the $8 per delivery and im working base rates again.

I would do it all day and all night if i were guarenteed deliveries in my area, and i was guaranteed my tips. But no they wanna give crazy bad orders and steal tips so i log out.

Attachments

Last edited:
I noticed when they offer the larger bonus for each run, the guarantee seems to be lower. They stacked three on a snow storm. One was a Denny's. I had to drive there order it wait for it then deliver...that was almost a hour...then I had two other orders to pickup ..I am convinced that DD doesn't care about the customer and obviously not the driver...I can't even understand CS when they call

Invisible

I noticed when they offer the larger bonus for each run, the guarantee seems to be lower. They stacked three on a snow storm. One was a Denny's. I had to drive there order it wait for it then deliver...that was almost a hour...then I had two other orders to pickup ..I am convinced that DD doesn't care about the customer and obviously not the driver...I can't even understand CS when they call
Some drivers love DD, but to me they are the most disorganized, and they are thieves taking drivers tips.

Drizzle

Some drivers love DD, but to me they are the most disorganized, and they are thieves taking drivers tips.
You know what you get from doordash after driving all day in the snow, an offer to drive 60 miles round trip for $7 or they will steal your tips for the entire day.

Invisible

That’s been my experience, too w DD and that’s why I don’t bother with them when they offering their alleged bonuses. They take away that bonus if you decline. I’m an IC, not an employee, and to lower my pay when I decline a ping is just shady.

Last night well at my end time it took me right next to my place then the last run was 15 miles ..I mean who orders food that far away ...it going to be cold....10+10...paid for my gas