"Don't worry, we're not going very far!"

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Why is it that pax think that sentence is a good thing?!! They jump in my car and gleefully announce that statement as if they are saving me from certain catastrophe! I know pax read these boards! If you are reading this pax, this is how your "gift" is perceived!
20170924_022941.png

I couldn't post the real picture I wanted to express my feelings in this matter cuz the Mods would have taken it down, but it was of Beyonce in her Formation video, both middle fingers to the camera.

Why would anyone in their right mind think I'd rather make pennies as opposed to dollars on a ride? What info has some Psycho Ant been feeding pax to make them think we want very short rides? I literally had a young man today, physically fit, request a ride from the grocery store for 0.3 miles. He had ONE plastic bag, 3/4 full! When he got out I saw him jog up a flight of stairs to his apartment.

For any pax reading this, stop "rewarding" me with this " Don't worry, we're not going far" phrase! You might as well be saying, "Don't worry, you won't make enough on this ride to buy a snack off McDonald's Value Menu."

This especially applies to you midnight grocery store shopping pax who call an Uber in the middle of a surge.:mad: Start stealing shopping carts again!! Those carts that have that security wheel device on it....just whack that wheel on the side with a hammer and knock it loose and you'll be able to get that bad boy all the way to your apartment complex!

Last edited:

dimwit_driver

I prefer their twins. You know, the ones who get in the car and apologize because they're taking such a long ride and gosh darn they hope I don't mind. Uh, no, don't mind at all. Des Moines to Shoreline at 2.30 this morning? Not a problem. You just lean right back and take a nap and I'll have you there in no time.

Really. No sarcasm for once. I like these people.

heynow321

I prefer their twins. You know, the ones who get in the car and apologize because they're taking such a long ride and gosh darn they hope I don't mind. Uh, no, don't mind at all. Des Moines to Shoreline at 2.30 this morning? Not a problem. You just lean right back and take a nap and I'll have you there in no time.

this. the stupider ants among us apparently don't like long trips and prefer to just ant around the city. i assume these are the same morons doing pool thinking they're "earning" more. I've had people apologize for taking me to redmond or bellevue. i'm always like "@@@@@ please this is good for me!".

mark_mark

this. the stupider ants among us apparently don't like long trips and prefer to just ant around the city. i assume these are the same morons doing pool thinking they're "earning" more. I've had people apologize for taking me to redmond or bellevue. i'm always like "***** please this is good for me!".
Ant told me he turned down Seatac to Bellingham, I was like why! would have took it and deadhead right back

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Ant told me he turned down Seatac to Bellingham, I was like why! would have took it and deadhead right back
Dumb ant. Take the Sea-Tac to Bellingham, then go across the the border and sit in the park in Vancouver, watch the black squirrels play, walk around, and otherwise enjoy life because you just made enough to take to the rest of the day off. Then dead head back. Oh but he'd prefer to drive around in tight circles in DT Seattle for the next 13 hours to try and make that same money.

dimwit_driver

Dumb ant. Take the Sea-Tac to Bellingham, then go across the the border and sit in the park in Vancouver, watch the black squirrels play, walk around, and otherwise enjoy life because you just made enough to take to the rest of the day off. Then dead head back. Oh but he'd prefer to drive around in tight circles in DT Seattle for the next 13 hours to try and make that same money.
....as long as you remembered to bring your passport or enhanced DL. I'll never forgive Bush for ruining those spontaneous trips to the Great White North.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
....as long as you remembered to bring your passport or enhanced DL. I'll never forgive Bush for ruining those spontaneous trips to the Great White North.
I have an enhanced CDL-A w/ hazmat. I can go to Canada / Mexico, my car cannot. It's an Exchange Lease car. But I'm just saying that ant was dumb for thinking he can make the same money in Seattle.

RedANT

First run this morning I picked up a couple in Renton who apologized for having to get a ride all the way to the space needle. As I took the Mercer exit off of I5, the woman said, "oh crap, I forgot our passes at the hotel, can you take us back and wait while I run upstairs to get them?" Renton to downtown Seattle, back to Renton and drop at Seattle center, and the husband was so embarrassed he threw me $30 as they got out of the car. Granted, it was only X, but a hundred bucks is still a hundred bucks.

mark_mark

First run this morning I picked up a couple in Renton who apologized for having to get a ride all the way to the space needle. As I took the Mercer exit off of I5, the woman said, "oh crap, I forgot our passes at the hotel, can you take us back and wait while I run upstairs to get them?" Renton to downtown Seattle, back to Renton and drop at Seattle center, and the husband was so embarrassed he threw me $30 as they got out of the car. Granted, it was only X, but a hundred bucks is still a hundred bucks.
BOMB it!!! I would have called it quite and played on scatchoffs

Dennyjo2016

I do take some short rides as a pax (1 mile)...but i always tip $10. And if i see they had to drive more than 4 mins to me i tip $15. I guess since im a driver I apreciate

heynow321

i had one of these a few weeks ago. picked the guy up very close to seatac and he wanted to go to tacoma. i was slightly irritated as i hate going to tacoma and it was the middle of rush hour but whatever, this is the horrible life i chose. so it takes almost an hour to get within 2 miles of his destination (west side of tacoma near the water) and his boss calls him and says "hey bro, i need the keys, you gotta come back". so we have to go all the way back up to seatac to drop off the keys then all the way back to tacoma. fare was close to $100. i then went to EQC and blew it all on roulette and went home irritated as if i was expecting a different outcome...

Peter Vann

I picked up a family of tourists on Roosevelt in U-dist - took them all the way to Ivars salmon house .6 miles away, while they fought. When I dropped them off the guy gave me a whooping $1 tip. Jerks.

SKuber

If had one of these about 4 a.m. this morning. Guy was going from Port Orchard to Renton. (First time uber user) First he apologized because he was afraid maybe he had woken me up, then he apologized for such a long trip. when we got to his destination he opened his app and asked me to show him how to leave a tip. Nice guy, good trip.

freddieman

There is a threshold of diminishing return. Bellingham fits that description. I too would have cancelled or at least offered a ride to lynnhood. And from there the pax can try to dfind a ride to Bellingham.

i had one of these a few weeks ago. picked the guy up very close to seatac and he wanted to go to tacoma. i was slightly irritated as i hate going to tacoma and it was the middle of rush hour but whatever, this is the horrible life i chose. so it takes almost an hour to get within 2 miles of his destination (west side of tacoma near the water) and his boss calls him and says "hey bro, i need the keys, you gotta come back". so we have to go all the way back up to seatac to drop off the keys then all the way back to tacoma. fare was close to $100. i then went to EQC and blew it all on roulette and went home irritated as if i was expecting a different outcome...
Are u clowning or was this real? Lol.