Don't understand the Gen Pop's Uber hate

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Yeah entitled folks love to say how much they hate Uber, yet they can't stop hitting that "Ride Request" button. It seems like they can't bear to remember the times when their only options were the bus, train and taxi. Also they seem to forget how much cabbies got away with all kinds of crap simply because they could. They weren't being constantly monitored in a live app that stores the data of every driver and rider interaction. Every time a Uber driver gropes a female pax it makes national news. The thing is in the past, in the days before Uber, when ride share meant taxi cabs, there were countless altercations and/or sexual assaults that went either unreported or the investigation went nowhere simply because it was too hard to prove.

If we could all financially afford it, I wish Uber/Lyft really would pull out of Seattle for 2 days. I just want to turn on the local news, and see people standing shoulder to shoulder on the sidewalk in the rain, faces contorted in shock and anguish as they stand there repeatedly tapping their rain soaked phones, willing..... wishing ....hoping for the once hated but now beloved Prius to drive up to the curb, and take them out of this horrible place.

Yes I bet the mindless sheep would let 40 Metro busses pass by before they began to recollect a foggy memory that those blue and white behemoth vehicles are called busses, and they actually pick up and take people to their destinations. Sure I bet the richer folk will grab a cab, but what will the Millennials do? I want to watch them get thrown out of the cabs and back into the wet streets because they dared to ask the cabbie if they have Cabbie-Pool?

I'm going on about this because I was in the Grocery store today, and I brought my reusable grocery bags with me ( trying to do good for the environment, cut down on the plastic.) Well, I did Uber Eats in the past, won't ever do it again due to a falling out with them which I posted about last fall, but I kept the bags, and use them for shopping.

So I'm shopping at Fred Meyer, my cart full of groceries, my bags on the bottom level of the cart, today the Uber one happened to be facing outward. I left it as is, and figured if any ants were in the store, I'd say Hi. I'm standing at the deli counter ordering some baked chicken from inside the hot case, and asking the lady to please get me the pieces from the top of the pile, since they won't be soaked in the grease from the other pieces above.

I hear an, "Oh My Gawd!" and an loud exhale from behind me. As the clerk is getting my chicken, I look behind me to see a lady with her face all screwed up, but not looking at me, looking downward instead. I turn back around and hear her huff behind my back. I look back at her again, hard stare. She wasn't looking at me, she was glaring at my cart. Now she was a "Large Marge" so I assumed she was annoyed by all the healthy stuff in my cart and my pickiness over the chicken. (There was Reese's in the cart too but whatever) I ignored her and turned back to the clerk and pointed to another peice of chicken and then I hear the same voice again behind me, "I F***** HATE Uber!!" Ooooooh so she IS talking to me..... Ok, first let me get my chicken.

I thank the clerk, step back from the counter, and ask Large Marge if she has a problem. She glares at me and says loudly, "Yeah you drive for Uber? I F******* Hate them! " ( Now why do I have to be an only Uber driver in her mind? What if I worked in sales, marketing, tech?) Anyways.......I wasn't in the mood. I just wanted my chicken. Also I've stated my view at the start of this thread about "Uber Haters" so I told her no, I don't work for Uber, I just got some free bags from them.

As I am placing my chicken in my cart and rearranging my groceries to keep the hot from the cold, this lady is standing there loudly preaching how she would have burned those bags and how she wouldn't be walking around with anything with an Uber logo on it. I began to suspect she was a former Ant who couldn't make it, or maybe a fired employee. I said nothing as I rearranged my food. She eventually stopped speaking and just stared at the side of my face.

When I was done I turned my cart around and looked her right in her face and asked if she was done. She said yes. Then I said, " Actually I'm a college student, and I drive for Uber." She interrupted with, " I knew it!!" I said, "Yeah and you know what else? " She said, "what?"

I looked her right in her face and said, "Munch me B****!" (* Stewie, Family Guy) She recoiled like I slapped her, mouth flew open, but said nothing more. You could have heard a pin drop at the deli counter. I just walked away.

Last edited:

Dammit Mazzacane

Yes I bet the mindless sheep would let 40 Metro busses pass by before they began to recollect a foggy memory that those blue and white behemoth vehicles are called busses, and they actually pick up and take people to their destinations. Sure I bet the richer folk will grab a cab, but what will the Millennials do? I

They'd drive drunkenly home.

tohunt4me

Yeah entitled folks love to say how much they hate Uber, yet they can't stop hitting that "Ride Request" button. It seems like they can't bear to remember the times when their only options were the bus, train and taxi. Also they seem to forget how much cabbies got away with all kinds of crap simply because they could. They weren't being constantly monitored in a live app that stores the data of every driver and rider interaction. Every time a Uber driver gropes a female pax it makes national news. The thing is in the past, in the days before Uber, when ride share meant taxi cabs, there were countless altercations and/or sexual assaults that went either unreported or the investigation went nowhere simply because it was too hard to prove.

If we could all financially afford it, I wish Uber/Lyft really would pull out of Seattle for 2 days. I just want to turn on the local news, and see people standing shoulder to shoulder on the sidewalk in the rain, faces contorted in shock and anguish as they stand there repeatedly tapping their rain soaked phones, willing..... wishing ....hoping for the once hated but now beloved Prius to drive up to the curb, and take them out of this horrible place.

Yes I bet the mindless sheep would let 40 Metro busses pass by before they began to recollect a foggy memory that those blue and white behemoth vehicles are called busses, and they actually pick up and take people to their destinations. Sure I bet the richer folk will grab a cab, but what will the Millennials do? I want to watch them get thrown out of the cabs and back into the wet streets because they dared to ask the cabbie if they have Cabbie-Pool?

I'm going on about this because I was in the Grocery store today, and I brought my reusable grocery bags with me ( trying to do good for the environment, cut down on the plastic.) Well, I did Uber Eats in the past, won't ever do it again due to a falling out with them which I posted about last fall, but I kept the bags, and use them for shopping.

So I'm shopping at Fred Meyer, my cart full of groceries, my bags on the bottom level of the cart, today the Uber one happened to be facing outward. I left it as is, and figured if any ants were in the store, I'd say Hi. I'm standing at the deli counter ordering some baked chicken from inside the hot case, and asking the lady to please get me the pieces from the top of the pile, since they won't be soaked in the grease from the other pieces above.

I head an, "Oh My Gawd!" and an loud exhale from behind me. As the clerk is getting my chicken, I look behind me to see a lady with her face all screwed up, but not looking at me, looking downward instead. I turn back around and hear her huff behind my back. I look back at her again, hard stare. She wasn't looking at me, she was glaring at my cart. Now she was a "Large Marge" so I assumed she was annoyed by all the healthy stuff in my cart and my pickiness over the chicken. (There was Reese's in the cart too but whatever) I ignored her and turned back to the clerk and pointed to another peice of chicken and then I hear the same voice again behind me, "I F***** HATE Uber!!" Ooooooh so she IS talking to me..... Ok, first let me get my chicken.

I thank the clerk, step back from the counter, and ask Large Marge if she has a problem. She glares at me and says loudly, "Yeah you drive for Uber? I F******* Hate them! " ( Now why do I have to be an only Uber driver in her mind? What if I worked in sales, marketing, tech?) Anyways.......I wasn't in the mood. I just wanted my chicken. Also I've stated my view at the start of this thread about "Uber Haters" so I told her no, I don't work for Uber, I just got some free bags from them.

As I am placing my chicken in my cart and rearranging my groceries to keep the hot from the cold, this lady is standing there loudly preaching how she would have burned those bags and how she wouldn't be walking around with anything with an Uber logo on it. I began to suspect she was a former Ant who couldn't make it, or maybe a fired employee. I said nothing as I rearranged my food. She eventually stopped speaking and just stared at the side of my face.

When I was done I turned my cart around and looked her right in her face and asked if she was done. She said yes. Then I said, " Actually I'm a college student, and I drive for Uber." She interrupted with, " I knew it!!" I said, "Yeah and you know what else? " She said, "what?"

I looked her right in her face and said, "Munch me B****!" (* Stewie, Family Guy) She recoiled like I slapped her, mouth flew open, but said nothing more. You could have heard a pin drop at the deli counter. I just walked away.
I have seen cab drivers run pool before.
At the Superdome.
They wait until entire van fills up.
Then leave.
Charging EACH passenger FULL PRICE !

I head an, "Oh My Gawd!" and an loud exhale from behind me. As the clerk is getting my chicken, I look behind me to see a lady with her face all screwed up, but not looking at me, looking downward instead. I turn back around and hear her huff behind my back. I look back at her again, hard stare. She wasn't looking at me, she was glaring at my cart. Now she was a "Large Marge" so I assumed she was annoyed by all the healthy stuff in my cart and my pickiness over the chicken. (There was Reese's in the cart too but whatever) I ignored her and turned back to the clerk and pointed to another peice of chicken and then I hear the same voice again behind me, "I F***** HATE Uber!!" Ooooooh so she IS talking to me..... Ok, first let me get my chicken.

She will now report you to uber.

I deliver pizzas to the back of 3 cow fields, having to cross 5 cattle crossings to get there.
The cows all stare at my car as they dont recognize it.
I imagine this woman had the same look . . .

dimwit_driver

It amazes me the way so many people think if you drive for Uber, you work for Uber. If someone pulled that on me I would be tempted to turn to them and tell them fine, if they don't like that I drive for Uber they can pay my damn bills for me, thank you very much. Oh, and what paragon of dignity do you do for a living, if I may be so bold to ask?

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Lissetti, very funny to read. I like how you work into the narrative a tip on how to choose the best piece of baked chicken. I would never have thought to ask for the ones on top.
LOL well you have to time it too. If it's been in the case too long, then the top dries out first too. Ah....picky me:biggrin:.

Last edited:

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Oh, I would have let loose.

"STFU...." would have been a great start.
The only reason I didn't let loose on the cow is because I do shop there regularly, and the whole store staff knows me on a level from a head nod, to "How's your mother doing?" "How's school / Uber going?" However I don't know the the deli clerks too well.

Munch Me B****! brought all the customer service and conversations around the deli to a dead stop. One clerk even froze mid scoop while dishing up someone's Mac n Cheese. :biggrin:. The effect on Large Marge was enough at the time. She acted like I slapped her. She was stunned into silence. Besides, like I said I just was not in the mood to break her down which would have been easy to do because basically she was tore up from the floor up. She apparently doesn't remember life before the convenience of ride share, and I really think she either was an ex driver, ex employee, or a pax that got removed from the platform.

Also I drove my GTI to the store. So if she had the Jelly Rolls to follow me out to get my license plate..... good luck with that.

Last edited:

heynow321

It amazes me the way so many people think if you drive for Uber, you work for Uber. If someone pulled that on me I would be tempted to turn to them and tell them fine, if they don't like that I drive for Uber they can pay my damn bills for me, thank you very much. Oh, and what paragon of dignity do you do for a living, if I may be so bold to ask?

probably write shitty code for jeff?

mark_mark

god I love this forum!!!

anyways, cant wait till our 1st tesmster organized strike!

"shut up or shut down"
"tip deezz"
"hell no, we won't go, we won't go to Dexter-ooh"
"swimming Pool not Uber Pool"

am I missing anything?

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
"Pax an't shiit but h*oes and tri*cks"

"You know it's hard out here for a pimp (you ain't knowin)
When he tryin to get this money for the rent (you ain't knowin)
For the Cadillacs and gas money spent (you ain't knowin)
Because a whole lot of b**ches talkin sh*t (you ain't knowin)"

*My soundtrack for life as an Uber driver.

K-pax

"Pax an't shiit but h*oes and tri*cks"

One I posted a little while back:

I got 99 pax and a pool aint one.

"You know it's hard out here for a pimp (you ain't knowin)
When he tryin to get this money for the rent (you ain't knowin)
For the Cadillacs and gas money spent (you ain't knowin)
Because a whole lot of b**ches talkin sh*t (you ain't knowin)"

*My soundtrack for life as an Uber driver.

You should bump that while driving people to Medina... get really into it slamming the steering wheel to the beat and rapping along with an angry look on your face. As soon as you drop them off, switch to classical real quick and say 'have a nice day!' In the most chipper preppy voice possible. Would be pretty funny. heh heh heh

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
One I posted a little while back:

I got 99 pax and a pool aint one.

You should bump that while driving people to Medina... get really into it slamming the steering wheel to the beat and rapping along with an angry look on your face. As soon as you drop them off, switch to classical real quick and say 'have a nice day!' In the most chipper preppy voice possible. Would be pretty funny. heh heh heh
Wearing a wife beater, gold chains, hair slicked back with a pick sticking out the top, and a cigarette tucked behind my ear.

20170918_191607.png

Got my 5 star "Ride or Die" pax by my side.