Dont trust fare adjustments for XL

hulksmash

Picked up a 2x on X driving an XL vehicle. Turns out they need room for 5, so I informed pax that I would have her fare adjusted, to which she agreed. No problem with rider, even got a tip.

So I requested an adjustment, and was told my fare would be adjusted to $56 (not sure before or after fees). My original fare for X was about $55, $44 after fees. Below is my email telling them how to properly compute a fare using their rates and figures

Can you please explain how this adjusted fare was calculated. It does not appear correct. According to the details of this trip, and Uber XL rates in my area, the fare should be as follows:

Base: $1.50
$1.45 per mile x 23.09 mi= $33.48
$.20 per min x 39 min=$7.80
Subtotal=$42.78
X 2.0 surge=$85.56 before Uber fees
Less 28% Uber fee= -$23.96
Net payout due to me: $61.60

You said my adjusted fare is $56.05. Is this before or after your fees? Either way it is not correct based on the above details.

Furthermore, you decreased my fare this trip. Originally, it was $27.88x2=$55.76 (before fees), prior to requesting an adjustment. The adjusted fare is now $51.85, and my payout decreased from $44.61 to $41.48.

Based on these facts, I am still owed $20.12 ($61.60-$41.48). Please adjust accordingly. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 30, 2016, at 3:40 PM, Uber Support <[email protected]> wrote:

RESOLVED
FARE ADJUSTMENT: MORE THAN 4 RIDERS
Saturday July 30 2016 9:37pm · uberX

Happy to help, <name>

We've adjusted your fare to $56.05. This updated fare reflects the time and distance of this trip at uberXL rates. Use your Partner Dashboard and partner app to review. This adjustment be reflected in your next payment statement.

We appreciate you notifying us when your uberXL trip includes more than four riders. Please let us know if we can assist with anything else.

Lesson learned. Cancel the trip and book them on XL before you leave. Don't trust Uber to adjust properly. They did say they would show an adjustment on my next pay statement, but I don't trust them for that either. Btw, pax wasn't trying to fit 5 in an X. They planned on getting 2 Xs since there were no XL available. I was logged on and off so they must have gave up looking for XL when I logged back on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Another Uber Drive

Check the waybill to verify the surge multiplier applied to the trip.

I'm guessing that is why their numbers don't match yours. They're using a lower surge multiplier or none at all.

If it says 2x, screenshot it and send that to them and ask for a corrected adjustment.

hulksmash

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They
Check the waybill to verify the surge multiplier applied to the trip.

I'm guessing that is why their numbers don't match yours. They're using a lower surge multiplier or none at all.

If it says 2x, screenshot it and send that to them and ask for a corrected adjustment.
Ive never seen the surge multiplier in the waybill. It always shows just the base rate. The trip history I sent them clearly shows the surge equal to the base fare, so I'm sure they know the rate should be double. Even so, the adjusted payout shouldn't have decreased by $3, even if they planned on paying me the difference next week

Just Another Uber Drive

They

Ive never seen the surge multiplier in the waybill. It always shows just the base rate. The trip history I sent them clearly shows the surge equal to the base fare, so I'm sure they know the rate should be double. Even so, the adjusted payout shouldn't have decreased by $3, even if they planned on paying me the difference next week
You're right. I just checked and the surge multiplier isn't listed under rate on the waybill. I could have sworn it was.

Allthehawgmaws

Yeah, that's always bothered me that the official ticket (waybill) shows the base rate even in Surge rides. I think they could easily fix that but choose not too.