Don't Say No to Tips!

UberDude2

The second time in as many days I had a PAX tell me their last driver was too shy to take a tip or said they couldn't accept a tip. Both those PAX tipped me as I told them I have no problem accepting a tip and I very much appreciated it.
Don't play coy with the PAX. Don't say you can't accept one, because you can. Just take the tip and say thank you.
I can say this, the tipping situation is much better here then it was in LA. Let's make sure to keep it that way by letting the PAX know it's perfectly fine to accept a tip.

Abmija

The second time in as many days I had a PAX tell me their last driver was too shy to take a tip or said they couldn't accept a tip. Both those PAX tipped me as I told them I have no problem accepting a tip and I very much appreciated it.
Don't play coy with the PAX. Don't say you can't accept one, because you can. Just take the tip and say thank you.
I can say this, the tipping situation is much better here then it was in LA. Let's make sure to keep it that way by letting the PAX know it's perfectly fine to accept a tip.
Same here. I got lady pax that told me the same thing about her previous Uber driver, as she hands me a $10. Tips are appreciated, Thank you

Naturegirl

I would never solicit a tip, but I'm certainly not going to turn one down. If you wanna put money in my hand, then I definitely want to take it. :wink: I have people ask all the time "are you allowed to take tips?" and I always tell them yes. When someone asks if tips are included, I always tell them no. What they do after that info is completely up to them.

55iz2Lo

When asked why there is no option on the app and how it works I always say that they don't want to deal with all the paperwork from the IRS which is prolly true anyway. Usually gives desired results. This situation always makes me laugh and think of :

Freebyrdie

It's sad even some drivers are brainwashed to think they should not accept tips. Honestly I have been getting more tips lately and KNOW I am earning them. I got 65 in tips last Friday...more then ever before. I estimated 50% of my PAX tipped. I always act surprised and am often genuinely surprised at the offering. I graciously accept with sincere thanks. I let them know it really helps. At this rate I almost don't want uber to build it into app......that little tax free bonus is sweet.

UberDude2

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another PAX that said the driver last night didn't accept a tip. What the hell is wrong with those drivers!

TransporterX

Picked up Pax of 1 black dude and 2 black ladies this afternoon. At the end of the trip, 1 of the ladies asked the other lady "Did you tip him yet?". The 2nd lady said "No, they aren't allowed to accept. It's the policy". I heard and said "Yes, what is it? Oh yes we are allowed to accept tips". The 1st lady handed me $5. The 2nd lady got embarrassed and made up an excuse "Oh i thought you guys aren't allowed to accept tips".

kojeislandincha

Picked up Pax of 1 black dude and 2 black ladies this afternoon. At the end of the trip, 1 of the ladies asked the other lady "Did you tip him yet?". The 2nd lady said "No, they aren't allowed to accept. It's the policy". I heard and said "Yes, what is it? Oh yes we are allowed to accept tips". The 1st lady handed me $5. The 2nd lady got embarrassed and made up an excuse "Oh i thought you guys aren't allowed to accept tips".
Ok. Ok. Your gaining my attention. But. We all know that the Uber Masses R terrified to Post Tipping Signs