Don't modify the driver certificate!! .....

I reached out to UBER support asking if we could do an original copy out of sight and a modified visable copy.

The answer.....

"The Driver Certificate is a mandatory document to be displayed inside your vehicle. This certificate needs to display your full name."

I'm not one to want a monetary fine .... if this is a requirement of the job like any other job that has requirements .... then I guess so be it!

Mvlab

I reached out to UBER support asking if we could do an original copy out of sight and a modified visable copy.

The answer.....

"The Driver Certificate is a mandatory document to be displayed inside your vehicle. This certificate needs to display your full name."

I'm not one to want a monetary fine .... if this is a requirement of the job like any other job that has requirements .... then I guess so be it!
They can not tell you what and how you can display anything, they are not your employer. You have to ask MA authorities.

Goodellsux

The answer.....

And what did you expect them to say? ?‍♂

I’m going to call the IRS and ask if I can inflate my miles driven for rideshare.

Last edited:

Eagle124

1 they never answered your question so just hide it in the car and 2 anyone else having trouble? I can't download mine for whatever reason

Arb Watson

The answer.....

Just change your last name to "Askme"

annstan60

1 they never answered your question so just hide it in the car and 2 anyone else having trouble? I can't download mine for whatever reason
Same here. The message is only showing up on my phone (under Notifications) - didn't get an email or text. I can't find a way to transfer to my PC.....

TheMilkyWay

They can not tell you what and how you can display anything, they are not your employer. You have to ask MA authorities.
Blah blah blah, I’ve never used an Uber sticker on my car nor will I ever nor will the POLICE ever issue a fine to me, hahaha, come on. With regard to certificate, I already photo edited my last name out. There’s no reason why our last name should be show....can I have riders last names? The point of certificate, I’m guessing, is because it lets riders know we are current on 2 background checks. Seriously, has anyone ever got a fine by anyone, police or Uber police Hahahah for not affixing Uber sign on car? And as someone above eluded, do you think Uber rep will be checking for it in YOUR car one day soon? Uber drivers also cannot carry weapons even if have LTC again, has anyone gotten frisked by an Uber rep standing outside your door before you get in?
This stuff is laughable. I’ve been driving over 4 years and have 4.9 rating.

john1975

Same here. The message is only showing up on my phone (under Notifications) - didn't get an email or text. I can't find a way to transfer to my PC.....
Take a pic and email it to you. It’s blurry but maybe that’s better for some lol
Post automatically merged:

Blah blah blah, I’ve never used an Uber sticker on my car nor will I ever nor will the POLICE ever issue a fine to me, hahaha, come on. With regard to certificate, I already photo edited my last name out. There’s no reason why our last name should be show....can I have riders last names? The point of certificate, I’m guessing, is because it lets riders know we are current on 2 background checks. Seriously, has anyone ever got a fine by anyone, police or Uber police Hahahah for not affixing Uber sign on car? And as someone above eluded, do you think Uber rep will be checking for it in YOUR car one day soon? Uber drivers also cannot carry weapons even if have LTC again, has anyone gotten frisked by an Uber rep standing outside your door before you get in?
You’re right nobody has enforced it outside of airport. Most cops don’t probably even know the rules for Uber drivers. And I doubt many customers will complain about this either.

CaptainToo

Last year I was approached by a Boston cop in the BWH turnarond who told me the trade dress labels in the required location of my front window were illegal - said state law prohita displaying anything in you windshield. He wanted me to remove them...I said to give me a ticket and we'd see...he moved on.

TheMilkyWay

And what did you expect them to say? ?‍♂

I’m going to call the IRS and ask if I can inflate my miles driven for rideshare.

I put my real miles, not what they say! Hey if I’m trolling in between rides that counts too! My car, my gas, my mileage, I’m a contractor for Uber as we all are!
Post automatically merged:

Just put it under the seat.It's still "visible"
Mine is tacked to ceiling without my last name!!!!

scamp

At around 9pm Friday night I observed Massport agent going car to car with a flashlight. I was reading my emails and he asked if I was on the APP, I said yup and opened Uber APP to show I was online and 10-16 were in queue ahead of me. I haven't done much airport in a while, but sure sounds like they're cracking down hard there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's awesome for a rating over 4 years! Your definitely doing the right things!

bostonwolf

Waiting for the thread with you @@@@@ing about your fine for lack of trade dress.

That thing sits in my cup holder and last name is blacked out. Who the @@@ do these people think they are getting my full name ...I dont have theirs and if they got what looks like a fake name I usually tell them to @@@ off and I leave them and charge the cancellation to their account and click "fraudulent rider".
I have approx 9000 rides and I have been doing this practice for over a year.
I am now an "ant" because driving full time is moron pay!

Ssgcraig

Go to the airport, fines are there.