1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Don't mention you have a coupon

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by DB2448, Sep 6, 2015.

1. DB2448

DB2448

Or you, the rider may be dropped off at an abandon building far from your original destination with steam venting out both ears of the driver.

A nice rider told me that he had a coupon today, but I did end up getting nicely paid for the ride still. However, I would recommend against you other Paxs out there to not brag about how you have a $20 off coupon to the driver. Otherwise, you may get dropped off in the middle of the street or somewhere else.

The only positive thing was that the Pax was nice, like I said. He even told me that the restaurant he worked for was hiring for $10/hr and that you get a lot of tips there. Wait, so you get tips but don't want to give me one?

2. merkurfan

merkurfan

Driving:
    UberX
    what does it matter? You get paid the full fare (minus normal deductions) and they get billed the fare minus 20.

3. DB2448

DB2448

It's just annoying. Yes I did get paid, but for about the first five minutes of the trip, he was bragging about the coupon. Even I'm not sure how I managed to get him off topic.... But at least I haven't had any Uber horror stories and all the Paxs were super enjoyable to be with. Even the guy I mentioned, but after I changed the conversation.

Casuale Haberdasher likes this.
  4. merkurfan

merkurfan

Driving:
    UberX
    So the pax was a dick.. 1 star him and move on. Coupons are fine until Uber makes me eat the cost of their discount.

5. limepro

limepro

Driving:
    UberXL
    Uber pays you the discounted rate, I see nothing wrong with him being happy about it. I get asked all the time how it works, I tell them I still get the fare amount Uber just pays the bill, some will even let you run a bit longer as long as you stay under the $20.

NH_Uber_Driver likes this.
  6. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    He did not tip you because Uber is very good at edge-uh-mah-kaytinn its users that it is "not necessary" to tip. The shame, here , is that it ain't none too good at eddikaytinn' 'em about no other kinda' stuff such as toes on the kerb by the time that the driver gets there, especially if at 5:15 P.M., you summon a ride to an address where there is a sign that reads NO PARKING OR STANDING 4-6:30 P.M.

7. Renaldow

Renaldow

Driving:
    UberX
    WTF? He was happy to be using a coupon and you were annoyed by that? Why? Are you an idiot? It had nothing to do with you. Why not just acknowledge it by saying, Yeah, that's great that we give out new user codes, isn't it? and move on with your life? There was no money being taken out of your pocket. Dude was happy to save $20. If you're so rich that saving $20 isn't a big deal to you.... you wouldn't be driving Uber.

8. JustPaxingThru

JustPaxingThru

As a PAX, I have used a few of these coupons. I got the initial $20 one, which for some reason the "left over" rolled over into my next trip. Then I had another $20 coupon because a friend of mine used my referral code. I don't disclose to the driver that I am using a coupon...I have absolutely no reason to. The only people that knew I used one was Uber, myself, and the friends that I was with at the time.

Also, if I were to mention a coupon and that caused the driver to drop me off in some random location I wasn't familiar with. Well, let's just say, I'd be reporting that driver. Because, seriously, who does that?! Especially over a coupon!

NH_Uber_Driver likes this.
  9. Don Oldenburg

Don Oldenburg

Driving:
    UberX
    I think your confused. Your upset cause the pax talked to much -- not that he had a $20 off first ride code... You got exactly the same amount whether he had a $20 first ride coupon, or not.

Get yourself some UBER business cards with your code on them $9.99 for 500, and put them in your car. Give them out like candy!!! Whether they use you for the free ride or not -- eventually it will benefit you. Last pay period I had $135 in first ride kick backs. Whether new riders use you or not -- You get $5 for YOUR code being used. That's 27 first ride people that I didn't have to shuttle around to get the $5 from. I have my cards on the coffee tables in 40 vacation rental homes courtesy of a connection I made with an UBER Rider about a month ago when I gave her her first ride.

Every week, I send her a 20% tip from Starbucks. I have a sign in the car that says "Your driver loves starbucks also" -- with my email address. I get lots of starbuck credit from riders for tips. It's funny -- hardly any cash tips from UBER, but they don't have a problem sending that $5 Starbucks credit!

Bottom line on the free rides... Yes -- UBER treats it's drivers like crap! Make their system work FOR you, not against you. Work smarter for your money, not harder!!!

10. renbutler

renbutler

Driving:
    UberXL
    Nah, I think most people around here would rather complain. After all, they seem to really hate people, but they started work that puts them in direct and constant contact with people....

11. Don Oldenburg

Don Oldenburg

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah agreed RenButler! I'm in Palm Springs -- Have my share of prissy queens here and that doesn't count the other UberDrivers lol... Ummmm, would you like a little cheese with that WHINE! ROFL.

I love driving! My daughter says it's good therapy for me... I have never laughed so much as I do evening driving all the bachelorette groups around Palm Springs... Have repeat riders that love me!! Had 5 woman get in Friday night that were tipsy.. well 4 of them anyway --- Woman in my front seat proclaimed "We are cougars from Phoenix" as she puts her feet up on the dash and adds... "Kitty needs to breath" -- LOL... Ummmm, it was a fun evening!

Casuale Haberdasher and Nagodesi like this.
  12. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    "Yuk yuk yuk! Hehe! I got me a COOpawn! Gonna get me a BOTTLE wife da money I done saved".
    I agree with the concensus here, you get paid the same. Why rain on his funny little parade?

13. POST # 11/Don OldenburgDon Oldenburg :W O W !
    Two Sequential Posts
    Posts of Yours... with "Likes" from the
    Nattering Nabob of NJ. Negativity !

Probably EXPECTS to CouchSurf at
    Casa Oldenburg this Winter, by
    currying favor-in-advance. Smart!

Bison doesn't want me to mention this Cop
    Hater by name , as That Member has declar-
    ed the "B.B." as an Unholy Cow.

Bison Chortling!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  14. POST # 11/Don OldenburgDon Oldenburg: "Kitty...
    needs a Breather..."
    Did Youthful You go all "Don Draper"
    on that Obvious Invitation ?

Peskiest Bison Ever!

15. I love riders with coupons!! Most are first time Uber riders. I take my time and explain the Uber system to them. I show them how we rate passengers. I show them the star system.

I tell them the coupon includes everything but the tip. (Which is absolutely 100% true)

Most people with a coupon will tip if you explain it properly. They will also rate you 5 stars.

I feel like I am educating Uber riders for my fellow drivers. This is the easiest customer to make money off of. Do not pass up the opportunity.

RachelD likes this.
  16. Emp9

Emp9

Driving:
    UberX
    what coupon? its a code, and let the man be happy you get paid the same, id rather a happy pax then pissy one.

17. FreeStuffSniper

FreeStuffSniper

Thank you for information.....