Don't let the taxi drivers scare you on this forum.

UberKing777

If you mention that you're a taxi driver on here you should be banned immediately.
I'm so tired of hearing people complain that they don't make enough money driving for uber and lyft. If you don't make enough money then please quit and give us your rides. I personally make over $1,000 a week because I enjoy driving so it's not like a real job. I only pay about $80 a week in gas because I have a fuel efficient car.
I mean seriously how much do you think you should make driving people around? Most of you probably don't have a college education. I went from delivering pizzas for $1500 a month to driving people around for $4,000 a month. I work when I want and for however long I want. Plus I get to play pokemon go at the cemetery in between rides :smiles:

UberKing777

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Honestly I would but it would take too much work and personal information. It's spread out amongst uber lyft and my weekly lyft bonus.

hanging in there

If you mention that you're a taxi driver on here you should be banned immediately.
I'm so tired of hearing people complain that they don't make enough money driving for uber and lyft. If you don't make enough money then please quit and give us your rides. I personally make over $1,000 a week because I enjoy driving so it's not like a real job. I only pay about $80 a week in gas because I have a fuel efficient car.
I mean seriously how much do you think you should make driving people around? Most of you probably don't have a college education. I went from delivering pizzas for $1500 a month to driving people around for $4,000 a month. I work when I want and for however long I want. Plus I get to play pokemon go at the cemetery in between rides :smiles:
I'm a taxi driver. Ban me. Am I really that threatening to you? Gosh darn, this is a forum. We certainly don't want or need a wide range of experiences, ideas and opinions here. That would be a bad thing indeed.

painfreepc

You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth at the same time,
you can't state that you make $4,000 plus a month and then claim that you drive when you want to.

Last edited:

UberRose

It is a false assumption to assume that "Most of us don't have a college education!!!"....I have a Bachelors degree and a Medical degree (MD) and I love driving. So, thats why I do this. There are actually a lot of highly educated people doing uber these days!

CLTUberPissed

I'll say what everyone else is thinking...you're full of sh**. If you want your claim to have any validity...let's see your earnings statement.

painfreepc

I'll say what everyone else is thinking...you're full of sh**. If you want your claim to have any validity...let's see your earnings statement.
I have no trouble saying it,
He's full of sh**.

Yes I've had a few $4,000+ months, but I can't do it every month,
I hate to sounds like a lot of the other drivers here, but it's not $4,000 after I take out my gas little bit of money I put down for maintenance and for taxes..

Driving and Driven

I've learned quite a bit in the past few weeks on this forum and no small part of that has been from cabbies, in addition to Uber drivers, Lyft drivers, passengers, mechanics and others. Not only would the process of identifying and banning cabbies from this forum be intensely complicated and futile, but it would be a disservice to anyone seeking a well-rounded experience in researching this trade on these forums.

With the exception of the one cab who saw my phone setup on my dash and tried to run me off the road, most cabbies are pretty decent.

agtg

In the Charlotte market, no one is pulling in a thousand bucks a week consistently, unless they are driving 18 hours a day 7 days a week. And even then, it's likely very tough to pull off and after a few months your car is trashed.

UberKing777

In the Charlotte market, no one is pulling in a thousand bucks a week consistently, unless they are driving 18 hours a day 7 days a week. And even then, it's likely very tough to pull off and after a few months your car is trashed.
I've been doing it every week for about 4 months doing about 12 hours a day.

Buddywannaride

At this point it would take around 240 rides to make a grand in Uber. That's a lot of driving. My back is hurting just thinking about it. Ouch.

Meanwhile I got this email today. It's deceptive - suggesting that drivers make $5.65 for a short trip. We make a whopping $3.00 because Uber takes $2.65 for themselves.

"To help you maximize your earnings, you receive a minimum fare on quick trips that are just a few minutes. The minimum fare for uberX trips in Charlotte is $5.65 and varies by product. We understand that every trip counts, so this minimum fare helps you make the most of your time driving — no matter how short the trip."

What a load of crap. (And don't tell me not to drive - I'm not driving until the situation improves)

UberKing777

At this point it would take around 240 rides to make a grand in Uber. That's a lot of driving. My back is hurting just thinking about it. Ouch.

Meanwhile I got this email today. It's deceptive - suggesting that drivers make $5.65 for a short trip. We make a whopping $3.00 because Uber takes $2.65 for themselves.

"To help you maximize your earnings, you receive a minimum fare on quick trips that are just a few minutes. The minimum fare for uberX trips in Charlotte is $5.65 and varies by product. We understand that every trip counts, so this minimum fare helps you make the most of your time driving — no matter how short the trip."

What a load of crap. (And don't tell me not to drive - I'm not driving until the situation improves)
I got the same email. I'm also glad you're not driving. More rides for me. I don't see prices going up at all so I'm switching to uber black. I might only take 6 rides a day but it's worth it.

backstreets-trans

Here's a taxi drivers point of view. A person working 60+ hrs a week for a 60 billion dollar company deserves to make at least $10 an hour. Now this same person should have health insurance and at least 2 weeks paid vacation and 5 paid sick days a year. If you're making this after expenses then uber is a decent job for you. Do the math and get back to us in a year or so.

I wasn't making anything close to $10/hr after expenses and health care costs so I quit. Now I'm still making $15/hr in a cab after expenses and around $10 with my health care costs. I think this sucks but I'm doing better than when i was driving with uber.

agtg

Here's a taxi drivers point of view. A person working 60+ hrs a week for a 60 billion dollar company deserves to make at least $10 an hour. Now this same person should have health insurance and at least 2 weeks paid vacation and 5 paid sick days a year. If you're making this after expenses then uber is a decent job for you. Do the math and get back to us in a year or so.

I wasn't making anything close to $10/hr after expenses and health care costs so I quit. Now I'm still making $15/hr in a cab after expenses and around $10 with my health care costs. I think this sucks but I'm doing better than when i was driving with uber.
In the larger scheme of things related to employment, that's what Uber is most userful for: The continued lowering of expectations for workers in the workplace.

I guess my theory on wealth transfer having to start with taking wealth from a wealthy person is shot. Uber has designed a way to transfer wealth from poor people willing to create wealth they will never lay hands on to begin with. Saves time, I suppose.