DON'T GET BURNED OUT DRIVING...

ResIpsaUber

I totally understand the driver's issue there with his back seat driver. But driver's sure need to learn some rider management skills without causing some crazy rider to go off. Here is the answer, "sorry you don't like my route it is being calculated by my GPS. Feel free to contact YOUBer and they will be happy to adjust your fare."

NASCAR1991

I pull for driver.
My gps shows one...those clowns used to other routes. They can see gps and where we are going. So need to warn ahead.

And that recording he is doing is bullshit. Wtf he is doing recording in a private car.

dreterk

Both are crazy, the driver and rider. Why someone will stay in the car with a driver like that ? And why a driver will keep driving someone who is filming him ? Smells like fake, maybe ?

NASCAR1991

That's why there is ..i cant hear option...on the app. They just gonna say ehh what ever...not like they gonna text you while you driving.

Gibman73

2 things here, 2 very simple things. I see a lot of drivers with their phone to the left near the door, I like to keep it centered so the pax can also see it. If I'm out of area of personal geographical knowledge I let them know immediately and tell them I have the GPS but if the route looks dodgy to them they should please speak up.

Euius

2 things here, 2 very simple things. I see a lot of drivers with their phone to the left near the door, I like to keep it centered so the pax can also see it. If I'm out of area of personal geographical knowledge I let them know immediately and tell them I have the GPS but if the route looks dodgy to them they should please speak up.
Having the phone visible to the passenger has ended an uncountable number of arguments before they have started, and there are even "I've lived here forever!" types that have learned better routes because of it.

Note that in California, obscuring the center of the windshield with your phone mount is illegal. Yes, I see lots of people do it, but it's still illegal.

I use a magnetic mount in the CD slot, this puts the phone nicely centered covering what would normally be the rear view camera / audio control touchpad, and directly cooled by the vent behind it when I have the AC on.