• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Don't expect compensation from Uber for this.

Ali_NYC

Hi.

Don't waste your time in cases like this, just clean it and keep working.
Picked up customer with 8-10 years old daughter and this is what she did (attached) with back of my seat.

And this is my conversation:

Uber's response:
Thanks for confirming that you chose the right trip. We understand that maintaining the quality of your car is important to you, and that in addition to being a hassle to deal with, messes of this nature can take you off the road during important times. Riders occasionally do leave behind a minor mess. Cleaning and damage fees are reserved for significant messes left by a specific rider. Please contact us immediately if this happens. Should you have any questions or concerns, please let us know. We are happy and more than willing to assist you. Have a safe and happy trip always.

My response:
I think this is not right. As I understand, this is everyday route for this customer and there is no doubt his daughter did the same thing before. And there is no doubt drivers complained about this before, but Uber didn't care about this. This way passengers now, they can put their legs wherever they want and nothing happens. Thank you for supporting drivers this way.

Uber's response:
Truly sorry for what happened to your vehicle. We would also feel the same way if it happened on our car. Allow us to explain this, to maintain consistency, cleaning fee is being assessed at different possible levels depending on its severity. We are basing the cleaning fee charge on the picture you've sent us since we don't have any means to see and assess the actual incident.

We understand that this vehicle is your livelihood and your source of income. However, we want to be fair as well to the rider who will get charged for the cleaning fee that we are going to give. Based on the picture that was sent to us, it seems that this mess cannot be considered as a significant mess as riders occasionally do leave minor messes.

Your understanding on this matter is much appreciated. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. Take care and have a wonderful day.

Attachments

Grahamcracker

Hi.

Picked up customer with 8-10 years old daughter and this is what she did (attached) with back of my seat.

Uber's response:
Thanks for confirming that you chose the right trip. We understand that maintaining the quality of your car is important to you, and that in addition to being a hassle to deal with, messes of this nature can take you off the road during important times. Riders occasionally do leave behind a minor mess. Cleaning and damage fees are reserved for significant messes left by a specific rider. Please contact us immediately if this happens. Should you have any questions or concerns, please let us know. We are happy and more than willing to assist you. Have a safe and happy trip always.

My response:
I think this is not right. As I understand, this is everyday route for this customer and there is no doubt his daughter did the same thing before. And there is no doubt drivers complained about this before, but Uber didn't care about this. This way passengers now, they can put their legs wherever they want and nothing happens. Thank you for supporting drivers this way.

Uber's response:
Truly sorry for what happened to your vehicle. We would also feel the same way if it happened on our car. Allow us to explain this, to maintain consistency, cleaning fee is being assessed at different possible levels depending on its severity. We are basing the cleaning fee charge on the picture you've sent us since we don't have any means to see and assess the actual incident.

We understand that this vehicle is your livelihood and your source of income. However, we want to be fair as well to the rider who will get charged for the cleaning fee that we are going to give. Based on the picture that was sent to us, it seems that this mess cannot be considered as a significant mess as riders occasionally do leave minor messes.

Your understanding on this matter is much appreciated. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. Take care and have a wonderful day.
Seriously? Riders leave sand in my seats and floors daily. I wouldn't even consider charging a cleaning fee for a reasonable amount of sand. I just take 2 minutes, a lent roller and drive on.

tohunt4me

Hi.

Uber's response:

My response:

Uber's response:

You tried to charge for dust on the seat back ????
Try an infant given crackers by mommy to be quiet.

Get a can of Armorall wipes, $3.29 at Walmart, claim a business tax exemption. Take 3 seconds and use said wipe. Boom.
Yup. I carry a kit in the trunk.
I can usually turn car around from an average puker in 1 1/2 hours or less. Carpet shampoo,glass wipes,vinyl wipes.

Better still, "Hey, Mom, do you think you could explain the concept of respect for other people's things to your child? Thanks ever so much."
Driver was rude and argumentative and threatened my child !

kcdrvr15

Instead of a cleaning fee, just report rude pax, ask not to be matched again. Remember the pickup location, and if you get a request from them again, don't accept. At the least when you see small kids, don't unlock, don't stop, just drive around the block and cancel. What's the worst that will happen, they will complain and have to deal with support. If your canceling too much you will get deactivated, so what, they be doing you a favor.

Vampire76

Hi.

Uber's response:

My response:

Uber's response:

If you consider a bit dirt than can be cleaned with a quick rub down with a wet wipe a billable offence then driving pax is not for you.

Ali_NYC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you consider a bit dirt than can be cleaned with a quick rub down with a wet wipe a billable offence then driving pax is not for you.
Guys, it was uberblack, I understand when X and pool customer's kids are doing this and they parents don't say anything. I cleaned after them when I was working on X without complain. And I don't want to remember what messes I had to clean when I was on yellow.
But when you picking up rich pig like this ...
Anyway, lesson was learned and I just tried to warn others because there is a lot of drivers with own cars.

SuperStar3000

Hi.

Uber's response:

My response:

Uber's response:

If you are so upset by something so trivial, you should probably not be driving with Uber.

You have obviously never had to deal with a major mess in you car, and your attempt at abusing the cleaning fee is not helping any of us, and has been met with the appropriate response from your readers.

Most of us know how unpleasant it is to clean up after a convulsive drunk adult has just vomited, urinated, and defacated at the same time. Many of us would just deal with it and get on with business, without ever seeking a cleaning fee. To get upset about an eight-year-old girl who put her feet up (as children often do), is really a waste of time and energy.

You answered your own question in your first line: "Don't waste your time in cases like this, just clean it and keep working".

steveK2016

Guys, it was uberblack, I understand when X and pool customer's kids are doing this and they parents don't say anything. I cleaned after them when I was working on X without complain. And I don't want to remember what messes I had to clean when I was on yellow.
But when you picking up rich pig like this ...
Anyway, lesson was learned and I just tried to warn others because there is a lot of drivers with own cars.
Even worse that it's UberBlack. At $3.75 a mile, you can afford the wet naps to clean that up in 10 seconds flat.