• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Don't expect a queue if u don't drive UberX

Nenee

So it all finally makes sense!!! Every time I drop off people at the airport I've explored the area n have tried to no avail to get on queue. Well, the reason I never see the timer is because the queue timer is only for UberX.
Anyone driving other platforms, I was told, would not see the infamous timer.

You are simply w expected to wait and hope that you get a ping. Reason being is that they don't have enough data to estimate demand of other vehicles.

I hope this is helpful to others.

mt1126

I heard that even the uberx timer tends to be inaccurate lol.
But yea average wait time for me as XL only is about 3 hours. Doesn't bother me much as I live within the FLL queue..

wk1102

Last time I was in ft Lauderdale I got an airport ping while I was on Los Olas blvd.

I called her to ask if she was traveling north, she said yes.

Start trip, South Beach ugh....

I live in 100 miles North or Ft Lauderdale

phuseche

Start trip, South Beach
I do not ask anymore for this type of direction as I have to make an effort to not call them dumb. People have no clue where they are standing or going in terms of North South East West. Pathetic that people do not know that Miami Beach is East of Miami, or that Fort lauderdale is North of Miami.

wk1102

I do not ask anymore for this type of direction as I have to make an effort to not call them dumb. People have no clue where they are standing or going in terms of North South East West. Pathetic that people do not know that Miami Beach is East of Miami, or that Fort lauderdale is North of Miami.
Yeah.. I was like uh.. lady?

Here's the best part, shes in med school or was going to start med school...

I was pissed, I just wanted to go home

wk1102

You should have just cancelled the ride at the point where you found out it was going in the wrong direction
She was in the car I was already moving and unsure of the airport regulations at the time. I was pissed though. I considered kicking her out just off airport property. I didn't though, im too soft like that.

4-WARNED

So it all finally makes sense!!! Every time I drop off people at the airport I've explored the area n have tried to no avail to get on queue. Well, the reason I never see the timer is because the queue timer is only for UberX.
Anyone driving other platforms, I was told, would not see the infamous timer.

You are simply w expected to wait and hope that you get a ping. Reason being is that they don't have enough data to estimate demand of other vehicles.

I hope this is helpful to others.
Where around the airport have you tried waiting?

ZZY

http://ubersouthflorida.com/blog/2015/7/7/waiting-at-mia-and-pbi-airport
The darker inner zone is out of bounds. You won't get pings in those areas. The smaller zones surrounding the airports are where you get put in the queue. You still have to obey laws. Lots of drivers get ticketed for parking where they should not stop.

If you click on any of these maps on your smart phone you will be taken directly to a Google Maps page that you can bookmark and use while you are driving and your car's position should appear showing exactly where you are.

I just noticed the MIA map doesn't show a geo-zone any more. What's up with that? Did they discontinue that concept at MIA?

2Grlzdad

That sounds too good to be true. I'm curious if anybody else has had similar experiences at MIA.
Sometimes the MIA queue gets down to 0-10, and seems to stay there for a long period of time. Other times, it goes right to a ping when you get to single digits.

Nenee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Last time I was in ft Lauderdale I got an airport ping while I was on Los Olas blvd.

Start trip, South Beach ugh....

I live in 100 miles North or Ft Lauderdale
Lol! It was the 'other' north!!! Haha! People don't know their coordinates, specially if they r from out of town.

ChevyVolt

Nenee...i would have called this post "Don't expect an IQ if you're at the Queue" but that's just me...I don't have an IQ anyway