Don't Drive and Uber Will Punish You

Hugh J

So, my last trip I made with Uber was in August. I find it funny that I have not received any promotional notifications like I always do. I may not drive every-single-day but sometimes I get there and do it.

Has this every happened to anyone, not receiving promotions? I remember last year I didn’t drive for a couple months but always received notifications.

My guess... Uber wants my on the road, they want me to drive so I can get my "treat"

Screenshot_2017-09-25-08-35-08-1.png
Screenshot_2017-09-25-08-41-47-1.png

Tinuviel

Yup. The first week on Uber I had no promotions, but the second I did. I imagine their system looks at the past 3-4 weeks to determine what promotions are available: so if you have had no rides in say 4 weeks, no incentives pop up.

It is possible that they upgraded their promotions system since last year / did a more manual process.

john1975

So, my last trip I made with Uber was in August. I find it funny that I have not received any promotional notifications like I always do. I may not drive every-single-day but sometimes I get there and do it.

Has this every happened to anyone, not receiving promotions? I remember last year I didn’t drive for a couple months but always received notifications.

My guess... Uber wants my on the road, they want me to drive so I can get my "treat"

View attachment 161409 View attachment 161410
Yeah that seems strange. Usually the less you drive the more you get. You could always reach out to them.

Jaackil

I would guess that their algorithm somehow looks at how much someone drives over a period of time to determine how they can con you into driving more. If you have not driven a lot for them maybe it drops you out of their que so to speak. I would be curious to see what would happen if you put in 20 rides this week. Would you get incentives next week? You have to figure they know there are a lot of drivers that sign up drive for a little while than quit

Delivery Mr.Guy

I have ignored Uber's incentives weekly and I am very happy about it. I can control whom I wanted to pick up and how far or pool or no pool. I am happy without incentives from Uber. This morning I have 1 trip from Lyft $47 on 8 miles .

ubergirlboston

View attachment 161409 View attachment 161410
Same exact thing with me...I stopped receiving the weekly incentives last week.

BostonTaxiDriver

I stopped receiving Uber boost and quest offers last week. Hadn't driven Uber since May, but continued receiving quests and boosts twice weekly anyway.

Went to the Lyft office over a week ago with general questions, and they noticed my rental car still appeared in my profile, even though the app blocked me from accepting pings, of course. Once they removed the rental car, it seems right away or soon enough, I stopped getting boost and quest.

So it's not necessarily due to not having a current car linked to my profile? I may continue not receiving them even when I next add a car!?

Gung-Ho

Have not done a ride updated the app or even turned it on since a year ago this past Labor Day and they have sent me weekly and weekend incentives consistently. I've been sent a warning letter that one of my docs is about to expire which I have no intention of updating...maybe they'll finally get the hint and stop spamming me with those juicy 25 rides for $35 offers.