Don't Drink in my ducking car

Brett090

Have you guys been having any issues this week with paxholes trying to drink alcoholic beverages? Had to remind these idiots nonstop all week.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Do you transport college kids? They just came back from summer break and are all fired up. Probably "showing off" in front of friends. ("Hey watch what I can get away with for $5!")

Uber Crack

Author
Having an open container in your car is illegal in many states and you as the driver will be held responsible. Is it worth it?
I'll just say, whaaaat? Omg what naughty little a**holes I had no idea, officer. I'm going to give them one star for sure! :rolleyes:

Bpr2

Tedgey would love this thread. I miss that duck :'(

Seriously though, if they lie about what's in the cup I give them one last chance to answer correctly. If they don't, I drive off.

Mars Troll Number 4

I'll just say, whaaaat? Omg what naughty little a**holes I had no idea, officer. I'm going to give them one star for sure! :rolleyes:

At least 1 state Florida,

Specifically says that not even taxis are immune from this..

I've gotten a free pass on it, from a cop who saw me cleaning out my taxi and just laughed when i'm tossing a half empty out of the car.

"Saturday night in a taxi" I hear him mumble. I didn't even realize there was a cop next to me at the 711.

You have to be careful because if you log off and there is STILL a half empty in your car, that can blow up in your face if you get pulled over hours and hours later.

That and i'm SURE that the cops won't be as generous everywhere in the country with ignoring LITERAL felony laws...

They also might not laugh it off as easy with an uber car VS a marked taxi.

Heck i know that the cops can vary in A-holeness across a very small area.

Notch Johnson

I have let a few solo cups slide by, they did not seem too drunk and likely to spill. I did refuse cans of beer, if they spill that it will stink. Pick your battles, they will down rate you for this.

ShinyAndChrome

I have let a few solo cups slide by, they did not seem too drunk and likely to spill. I did refuse cans of beer, if they spill that it will stink. Pick your battles, they will down rate you for this.
Since going through it this weekend I am confident if after the ride you immediately contact uber saying the passenger had open alcohol and that you only rated them five stars to avoid a retaliatory 1star, uber will help you out.

That is my approach now to protect rating but ensure the pax "doesn't get away with it".

pdaddy

I love it when they get in with coffee cups with lids. Saturday afternoon and you're off to a wedding reception drinking coffee? Sure.

Mars Troll Number 4

One of the advantages to driving a taxi.

Dump that out or i'm not taking you anywhere..sorry.

I'd rather lose a tip, or a fare, than spend who knows how long scrubbing beer in the back seat for $3.00

Or cancel and not even fight the battle.

Brett090

Do you transport college kids? They just came back from summer break and are all fired up. Probably "showing off" in front of friends. ("Hey watch what I can get away with for $5!")
Na just a bunch of middle aged idiots.

I love it when they get in with coffee cups with lids. Saturday afternoon and you're off to a wedding reception drinking coffee? Sure.
I had that happen, problem was I didn't even notice it until one of my passengers smelt it, I felt like crap after realizing it.