• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Don't Do This...

UberLaLa

Seriously, I have warned you, don't read any further, and definitely do not do this...

Okay, don't say I didn't warn you (bolds above).

When you leave your house to start driving for the day, reset your trip meter, then when you get home from day/night of driving, look at how many miles you have driven. Divide that into your Earnings for that day/night.

*More to follow, maybe...

Dice Man

Seriously, I have warned you, don't read any further, and definitely do not do this...

When you leave your house to start driving for the day, reset your trip meter, then when you get home from day/night of driving, look at how many miles you have driven. Divide that into your Earnings for that day/night.

I said that many times.

UberLaLa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What are you doing up so late UberLaLa ?? Have a night mare?? Get back to bed riders need your help tomorrow
Only do nights here my friend. No morning driving :eek:

This is something LoveBC showed me. It's pretty basic and easy to do, but hard to realize...

Don't worry, it gets worse. The reality of it all, that is.

UberLaLa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
UberLaLa while I applaud your desire to help educate the masses, it would seem to me that if people don't naturally understand these calculations after driving then their ability to comprehend them at all is severely lacking and they are beyond help.
Yes and no. Some people think on one side of the brain, as opposed to the other. Math ain't my strong suit, so I avoid it. Give me a simple way to do the math, and I will. This is pretty simple.

I've known for years what a losing proposition driving for Uber is. That's why I have changed things up every chance I get. This little exercise helps me confirm my changes are helping, is all.

Uncle-not-Ant

On X, mine is almost always <54 Cents. 90+% of every day out there I am negative net income.

< is the less than sign, for those thst don't remember second grade math class.

Doesnt matter

Uncle-not-Ant

Might replace my current antmobile with a new ESh...Didn't like them as to girly, but saw a 2018 Black on Black and growing on me.

I could run it on Select & X right?
2018-08-10 15.01.56.png

Danny3xd

I said even before Uber "Never do the math"

In this case, it's only gonna depress me, LoL.

...and I drive a prius that costs .15 cents a mile to drive.

But a good thing about the miles, our IRS write off is the same as an 18 wheelers. So I like to soothe myself with that's basically my taxes.

For God's sake, don't tell me if I'm wrong!

LAuberX

And write that mileage down! that is for your log of business miles driven. Comes in handy at tax time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RideshareDog Toronto 1
T Advice 13
The Gift of Fish Stories 14