DON'T DO LYFT SHARED!

racer26

I stopped accepting Lyft Shared rides a while ago, since they don't pay the extra fare for the additional pax, just a flat pickup price. UberPOOL no match is about 0.7x UberX rate, but with 1 match its about 1.4x, and with 2 matches its like 2.1x (assuming all pax going about the same distance).

Speedy_Gonzales

They are no longer paying regular Lyft rates on Lyft shared. Good bye lyft shared for me. At least uber informs ya through their agreement of a rate change. Lyft is shit

Post automatically merged:

Before:
View attachment 314482

Now

View attachment 314476
Bro. It’s still the same, they are paying time and distance... look at the calculation provided in your screenshot

Bro. It’s still the same, they are paying time and distance... look at the calculation provided in your screenshot
Whoa!!!!!

Nevermind, my bad, I looked at it opposite. Damn!

Whoa!!!!!

Lyft is scum company! We agreed to 60 cents per km and now they giving us 56 cents per km!!! Scum scum scum!

ryan137

Lyft was never paying regular rates on Lyft Shared. What have you been smoking? Do a search and you'll find plenty of threads discussing this exact thing.

RideshareDog

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I stopped accepting Lyft Shared rides a while ago, since they don't pay the extra fare for the additional pax, just a flat pickup price. UberPOOL no match is about 0.7x UberX rate, but with 1 match its about 1.4x, and with 2 matches its like 2.1x (assuming all pax going about the same distance).
Yeah they do. They give you a $1 for the first ride and a little bit more for the 2nd so it wansnt terrible but it is now

Lyft was never paying regular rates on Lyft Shared. What have you been smoking? Do a search and you'll find plenty of threads discussing this exact thing.
Man what's your problem? I posted screenshots to show they were. Like wtf?

racer26

Yeah they do. They give you a $1 for the first ride and a little bit more for the 2nd so it wansnt terrible but it is now
Like I said - the only added value on Lyft shared is a flat price per pickup - you DONT get paid the mileage/time costs for each pax, just one set for the car.

Consider the following scenario:

Pickup Pax 1
Drive 1km in 1 minute
Pickup Pax 2
Drive 20km in 15 minutes
Drop Pax 1
Drive 5km in 5 minutes
Drop Pax 2.

On Lyft shared, you get paid 21 minutes + 26km + 2 pickup amounts, only marginally better than just driving a regular Lyft or UberX ride from Pickup 1 to Dropoff 2
On UberPOOL, you get paid 36 minutes + 46km - way better.

Shared/pool rides are MORE difficult for the driver because of route changes on the fly and multiple pickups. Why should I be willing to do that on Lyft Shared for basically no additional money and letting Lyft pocket the majority of Pax 2's fare? With UberPOOL, its like giving a discount on an X ride if you dont get matched (and therefore dont have extra difficulty factor), but if you do get matched, the extra pay is enough to compensate.

RideshareDog

Whoa!!!!!

Lyft is scum company! We agreed to 60 cents per km and now they giving us 56 cents per km!!! Scum scum scum!
No no no we agreed to 56km they were just for whatever reason giving us the difference out of their own pocket. I knew they would eventually stop.

Ping.Me.More

Ima tell all you pax : Iffa you wanna ride with other peoples, please git away
fromma my car, OK? ..... you takka da bus! I don't take lotsa peoples atta
one time.

Myxx

LOL Most drivers can't figure out how to install their lyft/Uber decal in the correct position and you want them to figure this out ? LOL

racer26

LOL Most drivers can't figure out how to install their lyft/Uber decal in the correct position and you want them to figure this out ? LOL
I mean. "Correct position" is a bit subjective. Turns out vehicle designs vary.

On my hatchback, I have them at the very top edge of the glass on the passenger side. In this location they're easily visible to a pedestrian or driver approaching me from the rear, and they can't be seen in the rearview from my driver's seat, blocking 0% of my view of the road behind. If I put them at the bottom right corner of the glass , they'd both block my view, and be difficult for people outside the car to see.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
Waited 4h for a ride and I got this and rejected it. No thanks. Done with shared
Yea, as of April 2019, I'm no longer doing shared rides. Fortunately, SHARED is not active in the 905 yet, so when I am using my home as a staging point, it's a non issue.

racer26

Did a primetime shared ride from Rebel last night to Markham, both pax on board for most of the distance, and Lyft took nearly 50%.

They pretty much keep all of the 2nd pax's fare, especially in cases where the grouped pax have very similar rides.

I won't be doing Lyft shared at all anymore. Only reason I even took that one was because Uber surge had disappeared by that point.

MUGATS

Remember when everyone was foaming at the mouth with excitement for Lyft to enter the market?

Some of us realized it would create a race to the bottom as Lyft can only compete by undercutting Uber prices.

The bad news is that now they dont just undercut via consumer couponing and deals to pax, they’re skimming from drivers.

bandit13

Yea, as of April 2019, I'm no longer doing shared rides. Fortunately, SHARED is not active in the 905 yet, so when I am using my home as a staging point, it's a non issue.
If you do Streaks you can get stuck with Shared Rides. Gets your Streak faster but doesn't pay fairly.

Lucky you not having Shared in 905.

I always refuse Shared rides in Toronto except when they are in a Streak.

RideshareDog

I love shared lyft. Especially pax with groceries. Easy $5.
I had a pax tonight pickup at no frills. He has a cart full of groceries. I tell him sorry I can't give you the ride. You got a cart full of groceries and I can't let you put it in my trunk. It would be unfair to other pax. He goes I live just over there. I go that's even worse. I'm smiling at him. I park my car and wait the timer he comes up to me he's like what's the big deal other drivers do it. I tell him other drivers are stupid and I don't want groceries in my car. He goes it's just over there it won't be matched. Guess what it got matched by these two chicks across the plaza at a different store and guess what they had groceries too but only two bags and I lied and told them my trunk was full. They couldn't really see. The first pax b4 I left him was all like so what do I do? I tell him just stop talking to me lol and then he's like I'm going to write you a bad review. I'm like go ahead. Like your the first. I called lyft and told them why I no showed him and they are very understanding of cancelling on that reason.

Damn I should have yelled as I left. Independent contractor @@@@@ lol hahahahah

Last edited: