• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

DON'T DO IT - they can still get a ride with an invalid or maxed out credit card!

Oh My

The fare won't calculate on the app at the end of the ride, it will just show "Pending" indefinitely. SideCar will pick up the schlep tab and pay you after 21 days. My percentage of "Pendings" in Chicago was a bit too high for my standards. Their riders here KNOW they can get away with this too.

21 DAYS! No interest either. All I know is that I have to pay for my $3.70/gallon gas on the spot. They don't give to charities at the gas station.

Chicago-uber

Glad I got out in time. I gave them 100% on a Saturday just for the heck of it to compare. 14 hours - $140.

They're probably just taking all they can get before dying out.
You're absolutely right. Sidecars days are numbered. Too bad because they have the best platform.. Just no riders.

Oh My

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's a great concept but max multiplier at 1.5x is useless when their base rate is .75 cents (cheaper than Uber and Lyft). App does not work. Always signs you out if doing any other simple function on your phone. Will sign you off mid-trip too. Constant "server issue" messages. Might get an audible ride alert 1 out of 25. Have to have it open on your screen 100%. Absolute nightmare.

Most "saavy" riders love SC because they're paying a "flat rate" and believe time and traffic jams have absolutely nothing to do with anything. Therefore, you have to keep that multiplier at the max to make it even close to profitable.....but you'll get no rides.

Best thing is you can raise your min. fare to weed out the 3 block trips to the laundromat or cut out the airport trips on your map radius if desired. Daily fares "available" 4 days later then you can transfer to your bank account but with a .50 cent fee. I guess you could let them accumulate for a week but really an accounting nightmare too. Trips never show date/time, just "2 days ago", "yesterday", "1 week ago". Really?

Last edited:

ridesharetime

With the multiplier raised at 1.5x will this be enough to cover the 5% raise to at least get us the base fare equal to that of the other rideshare companies in Chicago? (.90 cents a mile)

Oh My

With the multiplier raised at 1.5x will this be enough to cover the 5% raise to at least get us the base fare equal to that of the other rideshare companies in Chicago? (.90 cents a mile)
Off the top of my head I would say yes but keep on mind these people will be thinking.....well, I paid $14 to get downtown before and I'm certainly not paying $15 now. Nevermind the last time it was at 10pm and this time it's 8:30am.

Chicago-uber

This is why I got my multiplier set on 1.5x, minimum fare $12. Pickup radius around 1 mile.... And I get hardly any rides.

Almost always I get an uber ping before sidecar.

Oh My

This is why I got my multiplier set on 1.5x, minimum fare $12. Pickup radius around 1 mile.... And I get hardly any rides.

You're not going to get a ping unless that SideCar app is on top/open on your phone, otherwise it kills/signs you off within seconds. And most definitely aren't going to get any rides at the 1.5 unless they know their credit card is maxed out and have no alternatives because Side Car will let them ride anyway.

Last edited:

ridesharetime

In my experience it is our job to punish sidecar users. They clearly have f*** up with both uber/lyft accounts and are on to sidecar to try and squeeze out another free ride on a empty bank account. (They either are banned from each service or have an unpaid balance)

Oh My

In my experience it is our job to punish sidecar users. They clearly have f*** up with both uber/lyft accounts and are on to sidecar to try and squeeze out another free ride on a empty bank account. (They either are banned from each service or have an unpaid balance)
Exactly. Learned that real quick with SideCar. Some good riders but mostly absolute lowlifes.

Oh My

The max min fare on the app was just lowered to $8. I've got mine set to $7 min but still get $5 ride requests.