1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Don't bombard Uber CS with requests

Discussion in 'Advice' started by MadTownUberD, Jul 9, 2017.

1. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I see a lot of people on here complaining about how bad Uber customer service is. Yes they hire a lot of inexpensive employees who are often not native English speakers, but let's think about it for what it is.

Every time you submit a request, issue, or complaint to customer service it is likely that at some point a human being has to at least review the response. That human being gets paid just like we do.

So let's make sure that when we submit things to customer service they are truly legitimate and not frivolous. Otherwise we are wasting Uber's time. Some of you have a "screw Uber" mentality but the fact of the matter is if they're not profitable, eventually we won't be able to use the service anymore to make money.... Just like with any employer or business partner.

In all honesty I have only had one or two issues that required multiple back and forth with Uber customer service. For the most part they seem to address my occasional issues satisfactorily. Then again I don't work bar time so maybe there are way more issues in that scenario.

I'm not trying to hate on or be critical of the driver community, just trying to point something out as a reminder.

And yes I realize Uber profit problems have more to do with pipe dream projects then customer service costs. But it all adds up when calculating operating profits.

2. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

I was under the impression no human read the request until you submitted the request at least 3 times.

3. MadTownUberD

Driving:
    UberX
    I suppose it's possible but they've resolved several of my issues on the first try. I find it implausible that there could be an algorithm sophisticated enough to fully understand my issue especially in the verbose way that I write LOL.

Wazer likes this.
  4. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    that's all well and good but for two things
    1. When they owe me money it takes 6 or 8 tries before I get a sentient human too give me what I deserve.
    2. I would not cry if uber went under. I send them as many emails as possible and flame them in surveys to let them know that they are thieves and encourage them to change their ways.

5. LAbDog65

LAbDog65 Active Member

I too think no human sees the email at least the first few times. If they are seeing them, they come close to being illiterate. I get nonsense replies that have absolutely nothing to do with my request. Believe me, I only email Uber if I absolutely have to. Once it took (no exaggeration) over 50 emails just to get a vehicle registration update accepted. They kept saying the car was not valid even though it was driven for Uber by my spouse for over a year and still met all requirements.

6. Grahamcracker

Grahamcracker Well-Known Member

I have a lot to say about this but I'm on break at work and it's about to end. All I'm saying at the moment is Uber created this. Uber made the bed and is all upset when they have to sleep in it. Email after email and not addressing issues is why they get bombarded.

I can't say I feel bad. Let me quote Travis, we are all responsible for our own choices

7. Fishchris

Fishchris Well-Known Member

Yes, impo, the first 2 or 3 messages usually just get a canned auto response anyway.

My second and third responses are often, "No, this did not help me. May i please speak with an actual human who understands English"

8. MadTownUberD

Driving:
    UberX
    Today I had customer service adjust a fare down from Uber XL to Uber X because I agreed to it with the account holder since my Uber XL car Can Only Hold 5 passengers, there were 6 pax, and she didn't sound like she wanted to wait for another XL so she ordered another UberX in addition to me. Customer service got it right on the first try.

Is it possible that they are categorizing drivers based on rating or whether or not they are perceived as "troublemakers"? And the "low maintenance" drivers actually get a human being while the "high maintenance" drivers get an automated cheap response? Again I am not being critical or pointing fingers because a lot of you probably run into way more issues than I do due to the hours you drive.

For example I got invited to an Uber picnic a couple of months ago. When I went on to the Madison City forum to talk about it I found out that another Madison driver did not get invited.

Doowop likes this.
  9. Disgusted Driver

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Umm, .... no. It's the same crap csrs, they never have a problem helping you take less money.

10. MadTownUberD

Driving:
    UberX
    But you said it was a bot for 6 or 8 tries. Now you are saying it's a CSR. I'm so confused...

uberdriverfornow likes this.
  11. Disgusted Driver

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Sorry if I was not clear, I never said anything about bots. I said sentient human as opposed to the first line of idiots who look for key words and copy and paste a response.

M.209 and MadTownUberD like this.
  12. KingTravisHasNoClothes

KingTravisHasNoClothes Active Member

I'm curious as to your exp in the field of What you call customer service or what uber has labeled as driver support?
    After reading your post, I'm hoping your simply an uber shill. And if you are a legit driver then you are woefully not grasping reality.
    First let me point out that there are two groups of support with uber. One for pax, and the latter for drivers. And driver support is purposely set up to frustrate drivers requesting an action. There is no profit in that dept vs pax support which is simply customer retention and adds to the bottom line. Ask yourself this, if corporate policy makers had to go through drivers support to resolve issues how long would they put up with that pile of BS.
    As I said about being a uber shill then you are young and naive to come around here selling that pile and if your legit then your Ubers ideal independent contractor.
    Peace Out Bi-atch

13. dennis09

dennis09 Well-Known Member

Well if my issue is properly resolved the first try then I wouldn't have to continue with follow on messages. Duh.

On average it seems to take about 3 for them to even understand the problem. That's not my fault now is it?

And if that wasn't enough, each reply goes to a different support rep. I've never seen anything this bad. I had a bonus that wasn't paid. Each rep continued to check the wrong dates despite me saying it over and over and over.

14. MadTownUberD

Driving:
    UberX
    You rip on me and then say peace out? Non sequitur.

I am a driver, not a "shill", I just don't seem to have as many problems with Support as most people do and I'm not sure why. From what I can tell most people are using support only when necessary but there are some who seem to take their frustrations out on the CSR's and complain unnecessarily.

If you want to talk about reality, we can compare estimated net worth and gross annual income and see which one of us has a better "grasp" on life in general. Or you can continue believing that successful people have negative attitudes. Your choice tough guy.

Dug_M likes this.
  15. Telsa34

Telsa34 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL

There customer service is atrocious.

Rableryder likes this.
  16. Imonous

Imonous Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    The only way to "tell" such a thing would be to read peoples support tickets. But that can't be so because you say you're not a shill.

Now if you're not a shill, and have no idea about the nature of their communication with support, then how can you make these claims about what "some" people are doing? Doesn't sound like your opinion was based in reality to me.

Doowop likes this.
  17. MadTownUberD

Driving:
    UberX
    Based on my observations reading this forum for several months. Stop being so paranoid.

Actually you know what? I am a shill. I am spying on all of you. I am going to report anyone who says anything negative to the Uber Deactivation Team and get rid of the non yes men. Muhahahhaha! Man am I getting rich at this gig.

;) ;) ;)

tohunt4me likes this.
  18. Imonous

Imonous Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    So paranoia is calling out your unfounded opinions about other peoples private CS communications?

I never said you were a shill. But you sound overtly paranoid about it. Maybe it's true.

19. MadTownUberD

Driving:
    UberX

Dear Imonous,

Your account has been temporarily suspended pending an internal investigation. Please do not attempt to log in to the Uber Driver app or your phone may spontaneously explode.

Sincerely,
    The Uber Deactivation Team

(***Collects $100***)

tohunt4me likes this.
  20. Imonous

Imonous Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Other than being lame, I see that you chose to skip all of my points about your assumptions. As a future moderator, I now open this thread for trolling.

Sincerely,
    The guy that could care less about your job at uber.

Doowop and tohunt4me like this.