Done with Vodka

ZZY

Went to Perfect Vodka at 10:30 tonight as Green Day was getting out. Saw people walking around dumbfounded looking for their driver; saw a dozen drivers solicit them for cash; saw the riders solicit the drivers for cash. Saw drivers park in places where nobody else could then move. I wonder if those families with kids knew they were riding home completely uninsured other than their own health insurance if they had it?

Never saw X surge and never got anything on Lux but I did see this. That's me and a hundred others at Perfect Vodka. Not surging, but it was all around. I was on Lux only and know that if I chase a surge it will shrink as Lux customers simply take X when it surges. But I wanted to leave anyways and heading East on Southern was impossible so I soon was close to the surge at Forest Hill and Rt. 7 so I went West into the red surge in Wellington.

I was surprised that with all the recent changes, they no longer have any control of what heat map to show to Lux drivers. I was certainly in the surge and it didn't shrink so I checked the rider ap and only X and XL were surging a little bit.
Actually that's useful information even if terrible programming on Uber's part. Since it makes no sense for Lux to chase a surge, then knowing where X is surging while looking at the driver ap is ok with me.

Attachments

• UberSurge.png
    UberSurge.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 66

UberBoy69

I picked up at vodka... couple. Dropped one off in pompano and then the other back on Delray.

But agree I didn't see any surging.

I did get yelled at for dropping off a pax in the wrong area. Totally accidental and I was directed there. Those angry trolls with their light sticks

Pete Moran

I managed to get a surfe for 2.3x in the wellington area last night, but as soon as i found the pax and he came tobmy car he srood there and canceled and reordered the uber for less, i got the request but i left and ended the night, these pax are...... lol

ZZY

I managed to get a surfe for 2.3x in the wellington area last night, but as soon as i found the pax and he came tobmy car he srood there and canceled and reordered the uber for less, i got the request but i left and ended the night, these pax are...... lol

Well played. I hope you got a cancel fee. Had you already driven away when you got him back? If so, next time accept the trip and continue on toward your home. It's fun to see how long it takes them to cancel that one.

Last edited:

Kodyhead

Uber is charging surges and for the most part keeping them should get a lux at least out of what ever it is called now. I think coral sky amphitheatre.