• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Done with possible premium pickup bleh

CharlieZ

PPP Issaquah area. Pickup took 10 minutes, dropoff was 8 minutes. Pickup was far, dropoff was shorter. This isn't a premium dropoff.

I'm never doing that again. They know how many miles a request is and can just state the dropoff distance instead off "possible premium". It's sorely misleading.

The riders can just take a hike.

mark_mark

PPP Issaquah area. Pickup took 10 minutes, dropoff was 8 minutes. Pickup was far, dropoff was shorter. This isn't a premium dropoff.

I'm never doing that again. They know how many miles a request is and can just state the dropoff distance instead off "possible premium". It's sorely misleading.

The riders can just take a hike.
Congratulations on your PPP! now remember to 1 start them for making you drive that far

aspacepig

It's not a premium pickup; instead it means that a premium may be applied given the distance to the pickup.

CharlieZ

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Premium Pickup fee was $1.21 feh it's disgusting how Uber misleads its drivers.

signal11

It's the Long Pickup Fee renamed. These are the few times where I'll call ahead and get confirmation that they'll be there and whether they're going a long or short distance. I've had long pickup fees/PPP that were semi-worthwhile when I was working areas that required longer distances on the freeway.

If you're going to do them, remember that you're only paid for mileage after the first ten minutes, so it's not in your best interests to get there in a hurry.

Risab1981

Maple Valley is notorious for these. Could be an AP run worth $35-$50...could be someone going to their job @ Safeway ...you just don't know. Did a few back in the X days. Problem is, if it is a short trip, the demand out there is so low, that you'll dead head a long way to pick them up, and have to dead head back out when you finish your $4.50 ride.
I don't drive out there for anything less than XL/LUX

When Uber uses words like "possible" and "maybe" they actually mean "never".

Nothing makes me happier than seeing the long trip 60+ on an airport rematch.
Haven't had one of those yet. Nice...where to?

Risab1981

I wish they had this on XL/Select....I've passed up ALOT of 15Min high tier rides down here in the South End, during slow times. With a little extra incentive, I may take a couple here and there.

Risab1981

More of a Self hating, I buy shit I don't use, or use one time and have to throw the rest out.
Their 40 Packs of water for $2.99 is where it's at though. And the Chocolate Chunk cookies...mmmmm

signal11

That squealing you just heard is the sound of a thread derailing.

Even when you get one it's like 28 cents, lol

Tbc after learning how laughably small the premium is I will not go out of my way for one of those.
Depends. I done long pickups where I got $10-15 on top of an airport run from the middle of nowhere.

I buy everything I sample....never make it, throw it out. F-U Costco
I’ve been whittling away at the two pound block of cheese and the giant bag of spicy chicken strips I bought a weeks ago. I’m starting to make a dent.

Oh, and gotta grab one of those mutant rotisserie chickens on the way out, too.

And how come they took away the Polish dogs at Sodo Costo??? They still have them elsewhere!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dingo Los Angeles & Orange County 1
I Los Angeles & Orange County 12
Exit67 New Jersey 4