1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Done with possible premium pickup bleh

Discussion in 'Seattle' started by CharlieZ, Jun 12, 2018.

1. CharlieZ

CharlieZ Member

Driving:
    UberX
    PPP Issaquah area. Pickup took 10 minutes, dropoff was 8 minutes. Pickup was far, dropoff was shorter. This isn't a premium dropoff.

I'm never doing that again. They know how many miles a request is and can just state the dropoff distance instead off "possible premium". It's sorely misleading.

The riders can just take a hike.

Peter Vann and KellyC like this.
  2. mark_mark

mark_mark Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your PPP! now remember to 1 start them for making you drive that far

3. Lissetti

Lissetti Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Screenshot_20180612-110528.jpg

"Premium pick up possible."

KellyC likes this.
  4. DexNex

DexNex Well-Known Member

You’re done.

I never started. Lol.

5. aspacepig

aspacepig Well-Known Member

It's not a premium pickup; instead it means that a premium may be applied given the distance to the pickup.

6. awtprod

awtprod Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I think you’re confusing it with the long trip notifications, 45+ min, 60+ min. PPP is Uber slang for “Please ignore this ping. It’s definitely not worth your time.”

7. dimwit_driver

dimwit_driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    When Uber uses words like "possible" and "maybe" they actually mean "never".

Nothing makes me happier than seeing the long trip 60+ on an airport rematch.

Roadmasta, KellyC and signal11 like this.
  8. CharlieZ

CharlieZ Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Premium Pickup fee was $1.21 feh it's disgusting how Uber misleads its drivers.

KellyC likes this.
  9. Risab1981

Risab1981 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Your request screen says Pickup Premium likely. PICKUP, being the operative word. Not Drop Off Premium Likely...
    That means you will get an extra couple bucks for picking them up from a far distance. There's 0 implication of this being a long trip.

trackstar616898 and Brunch like this.
  10. signal11

signal11 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It's the Long Pickup Fee renamed. These are the few times where I'll call ahead and get confirmation that they'll be there and whether they're going a long or short distance. I've had long pickup fees/PPP that were semi-worthwhile when I was working areas that required longer distances on the freeway.

If you're going to do them, remember that you're only paid for mileage after the first ten minutes, so it's not in your best interests to get there in a hurry.

Martin Kodiak likes this.
  11. Risab1981

Driving:
    UberXL
    Maple Valley is notorious for these. Could be an AP run worth $35-$50...could be someone going to their job @ Safeway ...you just don't know. Did a few back in the X days. Problem is, if it is a short trip, the demand out there is so low, that you'll dead head a long way to pick them up, and have to dead head back out when you finish your $4.50 ride.
    I don't drive out there for anything less than XL/LUX

Haven't had one of those yet. Nice...where to?

jgiun1 likes this.
  12. KellyC

KellyC Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Even when you get one it's like 28 cents, lol

Tbc after learning how laughably small the premium is I will not go out of my way for one of those.

jgiun1 and Lissetti like this.
  13. mark_mark

had a 60+ going the wrong way once! had to take a ferry back

Learn that Uber will game you like a free samples at Costco!

14. Risab1981

Driving:
    UberXL
    I buy everything I sample....never make it, throw it out. F-U Costco

15. Yooper

Yooper Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    saw the weasel words "possible" or "likely" and haven't accepted a single one

16. heynow321

heynow321 Well-Known Member

this is the correct answer. There was never any reason to start. You should have known better.

17. Risab1981

Driving:
    UberXL
    I wish they had this on XL/Select....I've passed up ALOT of 15Min high tier rides down here in the South End, during slow times. With a little extra incentive, I may take a couple here and there.

DexNex and signal11 like this.
  18. mark_mark

wo wo wo... costco hating is were I draw the line!

Risab1981 likes this.
  19. Risab1981

Driving:
    UberXL
    More of a Self hating, I buy **** I don't use, or use one time and have to throw the rest out.
    Their 40 Packs of water for $2.99 is where it's at though. And the Chocolate Chunk cookies...mmmmm

20. signal11

signal11 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    That squealing you just heard is the sound of a thread derailing.

Depends. I done long pickups where I got $10-15 on top of an airport run from the middle of nowhere.

I’ve been whittling away at the two pound block of cheese and the giant bag of spicy chicken strips I bought a weeks ago. I’m starting to make a dent.

Oh, and gotta grab one of those mutant rotisserie chickens on the way out, too.

And how come they took away the Polish dogs at Sodo Costo??? They still have them elsewhere!

mark_mark and Risab1981 like this.