Done & Dusted

petesabout

That's it for Uber.
Sold the car and purchased another mining rig.
I can now actually earn more money mining Crypto than i can driving around like a prawn all day.
And..... I'm the boss & i don't even need to get out of bed.
Good luck to you all.

Silonite

That's it for Uber.
I can now actually earn more money mining Crypto than i can driving around like a prawn all day.
Good luck to you all.

Congratulations!!!!

Uberdummy

This i gotta see considering how much electricity a rig eats plus the added costs of keeping the machine cool.

petesabout

This i gotta see considering how much electricity a rig eats plus the added costs of keeping the machine cool.
This is miner number 4. It's an 8 gpu setup a pulls just over 1kw at the plug.
I currently pay .06 kw/h, so each rig costs me around $550 per year.
No problems whatsoever with cooling. It exhausts straight out a window and maintains a core temp of 67 C with nothing more than a standard fan for a little help. I do however have a portable AC unit in the room just in case it needs assistance.
As the summer is almost over, it probably won't be needed now til next year.
Mining the right coin, it'll pay for itself ($4500) in 200 days flat.
My 1st 2 rigs are now providing me with a steady $14k a year between them.
The 3rd rig will have paid for itself by November and from then on gives me another $8k a year, as will this 4th one by March.
Anything else?

petesabout

So after all your efforts to undermine and decred me by even looking up local electric rates....
I live in North Dallas!
Sorry i never bothered to update my Uber profile 2 months ago.
Now....Trust me, i know what i'm doing and i'm doing it just fine.

Uberdummy

All my efforts? Lol! It remains to be seen as the difficulty to mine increase. I looked into it in depth and didn't like what it costs to get one off the ground with the possibility of the rig becoming quickly obsolete......a bit touchy aint ya? Maybe Cally is the the place you should be snowflake?

tohunt4me

what do you have against prawns?
That's it for Uber.
Good luck to you all.
Crypto ?

Says in this article profitability is on the decline in crypto mining.
J.p. morgan chase , etc involved.
Some groups even lease Boeing 747 for computer graphics cards???
China & Russia have lower electricity costs so larger operations are located there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-06-15-37-27.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-06-15-37-27.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_2017-09-06-15-39-46.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-06-15-39-46.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_2017-09-06-15-40-08.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-06-15-40-08.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_2017-09-06-15-41-51.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-06-15-41-51.png
    98 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_2017-09-06-15-52-44.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-06-15-52-44.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 41

petesabout

All my efforts? Lol! It remains to be seen as the difficulty to mine increase. I looked into it in depth and didn't like what it costs to get one off the ground with the possibility of the rig becoming quickly obsolete......a bit touchy aint ya? Maybe Cally is the the place you should be snowflake?

The difficulty will always increase but, another coin always comes along that is still as profitable as the last.
A rig will never be obsolete for that reason. Unlike an Uber car.
You carry on driving your car, and i'll mine crypto.
We'll touch base next year and see who came out best.
Oh and by the way.. I'm not a Cali snowflake. I'm British, and probably one of very few that has Uber'ed on 3 different continents.
It's the same Sh**e all over the planet but now i have an alternative method of making a lot more money for a whole lot less effort.
Had you looked even deeper into purchasing a rig you wouldn't be having this hard hatted stance against what i'm saying either.
You don't need 5k rigs like mine. Build a 4 card pc. That'll hash you $2k a year and with the profit, build 2 more.
That's what i've done and now i'm pulling in $30k a year without having to get in a car.
So there's your free advice. Use it how you like.

Uberyouber

Well hopefully one of your bootleg cypto machines you bought on eBay don't short circuit and burn down your apartment in Addison. Otherwise you will be living with the Houston refugees at the convention center. Hope your renter insurance is current!

Waffles

The difficulty will always increase but, another coin always comes along that is still as profitable as the last.
A rig will never be obsolete for that reason. Unlike an Uber car.
You carry on driving your car, and i'll mine crypto.
We'll touch base next year and see who came out best.
Oh and by the way.. I'm not a Cali snowflake. I'm British, and probably one of very few that has Uber'ed on 3 different continents.
It's the same Sh**e all over the planet but now i have an alternative method of making a lot more money for a whole lot less effort.
Had you looked even deeper into purchasing a rig you wouldn't be having this hard hatted stance against what i'm saying either.
You don't need 5k rigs like mine. Build a 4 card pc. That'll hash you $2k a year and with the profit, build 2 more.
That's what i've done and now i'm pulling in $30k a year without having to get in a car.
So there's your free advice. Use it how you like.

Why all the hate?

Congrats to you mate. Glad to see the mining is working out. Bitcoin is just to volatile for me and the IRS scrutuny is real. Hope you do well.

petesabout

Why all the hate?

Congrats to you mate. Glad to see the mining is working out. Bitcoin is just to volatile for me and the IRS scrutuny is real. Hope you do well.

I have no idea why there is so much hate.
It's almost like a lot of people hate to see someone get out of Uber and find something better to do!
As for the IRS i have no worries. I'm not a US citizen and everything i do is tunneled. As far as mining goes, i'm still in Australia. ;-)

Well hopefully one of your bootleg cypto machines you bought on eBay don't short circuit and burn down your apartment in Addison. Otherwise you will be living with the Houston refugees at the convention center. Hope your renter insurance is current!

I build my own rigs thanks and they are a whole lot safer than being on the road 12 hours a day!!
Also, i don't live in an apartment in Addison... But i do have lots of insurance.
Thanks for your concerns though.

petesabout

Good, best weekend ever. Sold high, bought low and gained $50k thanks to the Chinese.
Of course there is a certain someone who won't believe me, so i'll probably have to come back and explain it.
:biggrin: LOL.