Doing deliveries on foot

reg barclay

Anyone ever do this? E.g, where a delivery is close to the restaurant and it's quicker/easier to walk than to get in the car and make 3 left turns in traffic or the like.

Androidcoder

I talked to a guy who claimed he was an UberEats 'pedestrian' partner when he lived in New York. He said he did all his deliveries on foot. Wonder if that's a real thing.

Seamus

I talked to a guy who claimed he was an UberEats 'pedestrian' partner when he lived in New York. He said he did all his deliveries on foot. Wonder if that's a real thing.
IDK about pedestrian but there is really no way to do delivery in Manhattan with a car. Bikes and scooters are the norm.

kiltedcameraman

I've done it a couple of times. Silliest was pick up, take up elevator to third floor, hand off food. I had to ask why, and it was because the guy was waiting on a phone call (really funny thing was it was a business that I had applied to for a real job just a couple of weeks before - didn't get it). I did tell him that in the future the restaurant would deliver for free in the building.