Uber Drivers Forum banner

Doing both

557 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  MissAnne 
#1 ·
I've been doing Uber only for 8 months and noticed decrease in trips, sometimes over an hour for next. I see combo signs in all other driver's windows Uber & Lyft. Can you keep busier doing both? Pros & cons?

#3 ·
For me it's all about 1) staying busy 2) maximize earnings.

1 and 2 sometimes just go together. But there are times 1 app is running bonuses over the other. Or 1 is surging over the other. Or it's slow and you want anything!

Lyft also pays min $4.12. $1 more than uber on those short rides. But there are downsides to Lyft as well. Both apps have + and -. But in the end running both will help stay busy.

#4 ·
For me it's all about 1) staying busy 2) maximize earnings.

1 and 2 sometimes just go together. But there are times 1 app is running bonuses over the other. Or 1 is surging over the other. Or it's slow and you want anything!

Lyft also pays min $4.12. $1 more than uber on those short rides. But there are downsides to Lyft as well. Both apps have + and -. But in the end running both will help stay busy.
I'd rather stay profitable than "busy." If waiting 10 minutes for a $15 order means declining 3 $3 deliveries, it's time well spent.

#7 ·
Where Uber/Lyft say it's busy all of a sudden 100s of drivers head to that area. Just like surges. If close snag the sticky surge, but don't chase the hot spots because every other driver is doing the same thing. Downtown not always a good. Certainly don't lurk there to long, you will get $4 to death.

Don't have much advice, other than have to experiment and try where to be and at what times. Example - Early morning good for airport drop offs, not good for sitting in the airport queue. Reason is there are TONS of drivers dropping off. Those drivers get priority over drivers in the queue for return rides. So you can site there a very long time waiting for a ride. Drop off, head out to find your next ping. But early morning think about where people live that need rides to the airport. I live in Lehi, and typically early mornings I can snag a ride for someone going to the airport. Certainly not 100% and sometimes it's a bust. There is no magic answer unfortunately. And why 80% of new drivers only last 1-2 months. Took me several months to figure out the area and my strats.

Takes time and learning.

Ski season starting this weekend. Won't fully pickup for that though until Jan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.