• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Does UberEats drivers require Passenger Transport licence code (PTLC)

Blocker

Hey guys. I'm interested in becoming a driver for UberEats and just wanted to know if I'm expected to apply for a Passenger Transport licence code? It doesn't really make sense why I should but knowing Australia and their laws, I wouldn't be surprised.

Michael Hall

We have a licence here in Toronto Canada for transporting clients only. I have been doing Uber Eats here and no PTC is needed. We are only carrying food.

Jack Malarkey

You need a passenger transport licence code only if you transport passengers (not food).

You will, however, need a full Australian licence. This is Uber’s advice regarding Uber Eats in Sydney:

Car requirements

• You’re at least 18 years old
  • You hold a full Australian licence
  • Your car is a 1990 model or newer
  • Your car is registered and CTP-insured in NSW
  • You have vehicle insurance (third-party property or comprehensive)
  • You can pass a background check
You'll also need to confirm that you have the right to work in Australia and that you have access to Medicare or relevant health insurance.

(https://www.uber.com/en-AU/drive/sydney/vehicle-requirements/)

Crucix

You need a passenger transport licence code only if you transport passengers (not food).

You will, however, need a full Australian licence. This is Uber’s advice regarding Uber Eats in Sydney:

Car requirements

• You’re at least 18 years old
  • You hold a full Australian licence
  • Your car is a 1990 model or newer
  • Your car is registered and CTP-insured in NSW
  • You have vehicle insurance (third-party property or comprehensive)
  • You can pass a background check
You'll also need to confirm that you have the right to work in Australia and that you have access to Medicare or relevant health insurance.

(https://www.uber.com/en-AU/drive/sydney/vehicle-requirements/)
Nope. International licences are allowed now for eats.