• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Does Uber really recommend 50 cents as a tip option?

Next Stop

This was my exact thought. Minimum should be $1, regardless of the fare. I honestly did not know they did this.
And for airport trips they can make that minimum $5 for closer airport (OC to John Wayne) and $10 to farther airport ( OC to LAX).
THAT would be looking out for the driver in a way that doesn’t come out of the U/L pocket.

Tank_Driver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This was on the trip back home today. Poor driver, brand new with 30 rides under his belt and Uber gives the option to tip him $0.50. I should use Uber as a pax more, because the more I do, the more I see why pax view Uber drivers the way they do. Giving someone any pocket change for a tip is actually more an insult than a gratuity.

Uncle-not-Ant

I don’t know if I’ve gotten less than $2.00, but I know for sure I never received $0.50 (who would forget that?). Is this new? Curious if anyone has been given this option before?
Just looked and crap I do get $1 Tips ... found a few there.
Screenshot_20181211-172342_Lyft Driver.jpg

But the $1 Tip is not as much of a PO as those $2.40 rides.

Prolly drove 15 minutes to pick those paxholes up...Lyft will mess a driver over.

U phoria

They are just trying to help you get more Starbucks drinks

Just looked and crap I do get $1 Tips ... found a few there.View attachment 281006

But the $1 Tip is not as much of a PO as those $2.40 rides.

Prolly drove 15 minutes to pick those paxholes up...Lyft will mess a driver over.
On lyft XL I won’t take anything over 6 minutes unless it’s long trip or high PT because it’s more like 10 minutes

YourPrivateDriver

I don’t know if I’ve gotten less than $2.00, but I know for sure I never received $0.50 (who would forget that?). Is this new? Curious if anyone has been given this option before?
i got a $2.00 tip on a black car ride yesterday and a $3 tip on black suv over the weekend. i do appreicate all tips, but when you order the premieum services and tip less than 10% or even 5% of the ride that can be a little insulting.

Blunt power