Does Uber Really Pay For Referrals?

2hot2handle

Anyone have experience with uber payout on either rider referrals or driver referrals? I mean their so shady I don't know if they would even really pay, especially since you cant track it like most affiliate programs. So any experienced people with this your knowledge would be appreciated.

Uber_LJ

I've never gotten a rider referal but i've taken a few uber rides where my total ws $0.00.
I've gotten 2 driver referral fees and the payout was on the first pay date after the driver had gotten the necessary trips completed

2hot2handle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've never gotten a rider referal but i've taken a few uber rides where my total ws $0.00.
I've gotten 2 driver referral fees and the payout was on the first pay date after the driver had gotten the necessary trips completed
Thanks for this info, I was thinking about referring people so with that said I just might.

2hot2handle

I get new riders all the time. Yep, they pay out.. it will say, " You got a new rider this week." $5.00. or something like that.
Since the new rider made the request and you pick them up do they have to cancel then add promotion and request you again?

AmeliaIslandUber

I took Uber up on the offer for free promo cards a few months ago. They shipped me 1,000 cards with my promo code on them and instructions on how to download the app. I distributed them around the hotels here and some other business. For awhile there I was getting about $20 in incentives a week as people used them and no telling how many extra rides because people were introduced to Uber and used that rather than cabs while they were here.

Jedi Driver

I received a driver referral bonus on today's check! Was a wonderful surprise--totally unexpected--as I was also skeptical about Guber paying up. On the line item in the pay statement, it simply said "you referred driver **** ****" :biggrin:

2hot2handle

I received a driver referral bonus on today's check! Was a wonderful surprise--totally unexpected--as I was also skeptical about Guber paying up. On the line item in the pay statement, it simply said "you referred driver **** ****" :biggrin:

Awesome! I like sudden surprises like that, thanks for sharing :-)

lorinj

i tried follwing up on uber referrals and uber keeps asking me what is there phone number and email address.

i had a person who completed the trips and then he magically disappeared from my back office

2hot2handle

i tried follwing up on uber referrals and uber keeps asking me what is there phone number and email address.

i had a person who completed the trips and then he magically disappeared from my back office
I heard this from a couple other people from the forum in different states....also one rider said they always have to contact uber for their rider referrals. They said the same thing that uber asks for the riders info. See this is what makes me a little leary.

REBU22

Anyone have experience with uber payout on either rider referrals or driver referrals? I mean their so shady I don't know if they would even really pay, especially since you cant track it like most affiliate programs. So any experienced people with this your knowledge would be appreciated.
I got stiffed from the start, as a driver, they stiffed me...

As a referral guy. With cards, nope, nada...

Uber on