• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Does Uber EVER include Tolls Automatically?

ÜberKraut

According to the App/Web Site we are AUTOMATICALLY to be paid tolls.
Uber recommends using my EZ Pass which is what I do.
I have yet to receive a payment for tolls AUTOMATICALLY?
It took TWO E-MAILS to resolve this issue.
PITA!
Anyone else have this issue?

Tolls.jpg
TollHelp.jpg

Mars Troll Number 4

According to the App/Web Site we are AUTOMATICALLY to be paid tolls.
Uber recommends using my EZ Pass which is what I do.
I have yet to receive a payment for tolls AUTOMATICALLY?
It took TWO E-MAILS to resolve this issue.
PITA!
Anyone else have this issue?

View attachment 210738 View attachment 210739
This issue has existed since day one, with no sign of them fixing it.

When i was ubering full time..

I usually had 3-10 active support tickets open for various things. Tolls being one of the top reasons.

I have never seen uber or lyft get their $(*% together to make this happen "automatically"

And for the record the cab companies haven't been able to automate the system either. I just have a button that adds .25 to the meter...

$1.00 in tolls= 4 pushes...

Personally?

I suspect that they have no interest in fixing it because that's money they have to pay the drivers. And with flat rates... that's money coming out of their pockets.

Also...

$1.00 in tolls that you don't notice is a $1.00 in tolls they don't have to pay you,
Some are more prone to give up over $1.00 than others.

Basically the harder it is to get paid on them the easier it is for them to skim the fares.

jgiun1

Lyft did one time and other times no....but Uber never has....had to email and get them. I got them all eventually, but not automatically.

ÜberKraut

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
SMH...
First Email Response made NO logical sense. :mad:

MY TOLL OR PARKING FEE WASN'T INCLUDED IN MY FARE
Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 6:56:11 PM · uberXL
Thanks for reaching out, _________.
We are not able to adjust the fare on this trip to include the toll. We're happy to reimburse you for tolls that should have applied to your trip automatically based upon your trip route. However, this toll does not fall into that category. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Thank you.

What the heck does that even mean?
I stayed on them and finally did get my $5.30 gosh dang it! :cool:

Thank you!

SurgeWarrior

The 2 trips in over 2200 that I used the turnpike, the Uber charge was based off toll prices from 10 years ago. I had to take pictures of the receipts and fight for the 2.00! They make it very easy to not take out of town trips.

ÜberKraut

The 2 trips in over 2200 that I used the turnpike, the Uber charge was based off toll prices from 10 years ago. I had to take pictures of the receipts and fight for the 2.00! They make it very easy to not take out of town trips.
It was a rare trip on the Turnpike for me.
I grossed around $275 on the trip.
About $125 with Uber and another $150 in tip and a "negotiated" return fee. :biggrin:

mikes424

I had a similar issue a some months back. Illinois added toll gates when they widened the tollway. Uber initially denied my request. When I copied and pasted from my Ipass account (similar to EZPass) showing I was charged, they did reimburse.

Uber was quick to finally update their records. Only took them 6 months.

Hihosilver

I'm in S Fla. We have Fla Turnpike. It's 350 miles long, has been a toll road since the 50s. Uber and Lyft bav directs me onto it, gardly ever get toll correct.

When I file a request with Uber they agree to pay it, but it hardly ever shows up in my account unless I follow up.

Obviously they figure many drivers will overlook, and they can keep it.

ÜberKraut

I am now fighting with them over the Wait Time which did not calculate: ZERO Minutes Paid.

For a "Technology Company" they don't do technology very well?

TimeWait.jpg

Let's try Twitter?

Tweet.jpeg

SurgeWarrior

I am now fighting with them over the Wait Time which did not calculate: ZERO Minutes Paid.

For a "Technology Company" they don't do technology very well?

View attachment 211041

Let's try Twitter?

View attachment 211044
Did you call?? Its easier to argue a case on the phone.

I always have a hard time collecting the pax cancel fee after 2 minutes. But calling them and asking them to give you the times of request and cancel..after that I am armed with details, I always ask them to calculate the minutes. Then I can start berating them for not applying the fee.

Its alot more productive than getting copy paste “this ride was not eligble for a cancel fee, read more here...”

Conclusion, dont waste your effort or energy sending messages about anything..call them!

Last edited:

ÜberKraut

Did you call?? Its easier to argue a case on the phone.

I always have a hard time collecting the pax cancel fee after 2 minutes. But calling them and asking them to give you the times of request and cancel..after that I am armed with details, I always ask them to calculate the minutes. Then I can start berating them for not applying the fee.

Its alot more productive than getting copy paste “this ride was not eligble for a cancel fee, read more here...”

Conclusion, dont waste your effort or energy sending messages about anything..call them!
They're a FREAKIN' "Technology Company" (so they say) and I have to CALL?
You mean like TALK to ROHIT? That's so 1900's!!!
Seriously... that's the next step...
Thank you!

IMG_18FEF9763C67-1.jpeg

Uberfunitis

They are pretty good at automatically reimbursing the tolls that are a flat fee automatically. Where there is a bit of problem with reimbursements here is on roads that have variable tolls based on how heavy traffic is or may or may not even be required based on the number of people in the vehicle.

uberPool

Be careful. I didn't notice immediately I wasn't being reimbursed for tolls and reported the issue 2 weeks later and received this response:

"Unfortunately, we are only able to reimburse tolls and surcharges within 10 business days of completing the trip.

In the future, please be sure to submit your request within 10 business days, and we’ll be able to process the toll or surcharge reimbursement.

Thank you for your patience."

So because of their error, drivers are getting screwed. They admitted that it was an error on their part but it's my fault for not reporting it within the 10 day window.

ÜberKraut

Finally got my wait time paid...
It took a FREAKIN' phone call!
I will fight them for every dang penny on mere means principle.

Tnasty

They love to make convenient mistakes the more they make you fight the more they get to take. They just hope you'll give up or not even notice.Scumbags!