Does Uber drivers make decent money doing it part time ?

Raj hassan

Hi there ,

I am thinking to start driving as Uber driver .I am just curious that how an Uber driver makes in Madison on Part time basis .Also Does anyone know good rideshare insurance company's?
Thanks

UberAdrian

Dude you'll make so much money you'll be beating the girls off with a stick. You will start with Corolla/250k and within 6 months you will be driving 2019 Ferrari 488 on Uber black. That's when you start to make the real money.

I don't know how it is in Wisconsin, your results may differ but in my market it's like that. Especially if you part time.

Last edited:

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Hi there ,

I am thinking to start driving as Uber driver .I am just curious that how an Uber driver makes in Madison on Part time basis .Also Does anyone know good rideshare insurance company's?
Thanks

It depends on when you drive, Raj.

I tend to drive during pretty slow hours so I don't make a lot of money. I've learned to minimize my costs though.

I could make more money if I drove the bar crowd Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights but that throws off my sleep schedule too much because I like to get up early. I also prefer not to deal with drunks....a lot of then think they're geniuses or comedians and it's obnoxious.

ntcindetroit

I'd rather to drive for charity than for negative profit. There are too many risks to take on a job with unfamiliar people in a unknown geographic area in uncertain weather with unknown management or regulatory rules.

YNWA7

I suspect that if 100 different drivers answered your question, you would get 100 different answers.
If you are doing this part time, have the luxury of being flexible, and are willing to put in the thought and effort to figure out when and where to drive to maximize profit, you can make some decent money with this gig.

That being said, base rates are low, passengers are stingy with tips, and you put yourself and your car at risk every time you turn on the app.

This is not easy money and this is not for everybody.

It depends on when you drive, Raj.

I tend to drive during pretty slow hours so I don't make a lot of money. I've learned to minimize my costs though.

I could make more money if I drove the bar crowd Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights but that throws off my sleep schedule too much because I like to get up early. I also prefer not to deal with drunks....a lot of then think they're geniuses or comedians and it's obnoxious.
I find most of the Uber tipsy folks to be mostly entertaining. Lol.