• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

does Uber deactivate your driver acct after a certain time of inactivity?

Higster4ever

haven't driven since October 2015. tried to login today and could only login to my "rider" account.
does Uber deactivate your acct after a period of time not driving?

has this happened to anyone?

Oscar Levant

haven't driven since October 2015. tried to login today and could only login to my "rider" account.

They will if your docs are not up to date, and they expire. But, easy to fix, just update, and I think you are good to go. I was out of commission for a year (went to SUV), and I started up again with X, no problem.

Dammit Mazzacane

They can't - it would indicate an employee-employer relationship for activity/inactivity based on how often you drive.

They used to threaten deactivation -- "MUST DO ONE TRIP EVERY SIX WEEKS OR ELSE" -- but I believe they got schooled.

Dontmakemepullauonyou

Yeah I haven't driven since last November and my account is "on hold" because all the documents including car inspection have expired and I'm unable to go online but I can still see surge and all the other features.

DocT

Back in 2015, I got the "2-week deactivation notice" for inactivity. I didn't drive for 2 weeks, obviously. Go the warning in a text message. I think they stopped that as Dammit Mazzacane indicated.

2017_09_21_06.39.36.jpg