Does this happen to you?

bimmy5678

I've repeatedly been drawn out of L.A. at night, 3 times in one week: 50 miles, 45 miles, 25 miles. One time I got pulled even further out by 15 miles on a second ping, so I went offline, and had to drive 65 miles home. I feel like Uber is targeting me. Does this happen to anyone else?

Last edited:

UberIsAllFubared

I have no idea why people complain about long rides... I love them, would much rather do that than drive in hollywood or weho.

and uber is not targeting anyone.

bimmy5678

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have no idea why people complain about long rides... I love them, would much rather do that than drive in hollywood or weho.

and uber is not targeting anyone.
I'm not complaining about the long ride, but the fact that I have to drive 50 or 60 miles home at midnight without a ride because I don't want to be pulled further out.

I'm wondering if this happens to other people?

hy1368

I'm not complaining about the long ride, but the fact that I have to drive 50 or 60 miles home at midnight without a ride because I don't want to be pulled further out.

I'm wondering if this happens to other people?
Happened to me just one today.Take some one from hollywood all the way to simi valley 40 miles away.Tried to get some ping there but kept getting pings from thousand oaks lile 15 mins away.Turned off the app and head back all the way to downtown .

bimmy5678

I was at the Western end of Malibu at 11:30pm and went offline and got the question "Are you headed home...request directional (whatever it says)" I tried to click on it but just got a blank screen. Wish it would work.

UberIsAllFubared

I was at the Western end of Malibu at 11:30pm and went offline and got the question "Are you headed home...request directional (whatever it says)" I tried to click on it but just got a blank screen. Wish it would work.
My friend went to the westwood office and asked about the "directional" destination filter, and was told, it was going to be implemented down the line. Right now it is in beta testing. I had also heard that you will be able to use the destination filter a couple of times a day, and may have to be online for a couple of hours before you can use it.

bimmy5678

It would be SO much better if it worked. For instance, those 65 miles I had to drive back to L.A., even 1 or 2 short rides on the way home would pay for the gas.